What did you do to your mk6 Jetta today?

VDubPDX82

TDI
2014 Jetta TDi
Wrapped my trim with Metallic Blue StyleTECH Adhesive Wrap Made with 3M Wrap Film Series 1080 from AutoZone.
Before & After

dmanb2b

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta, 2011 335D
I really like the rims too! What are they?
Thank you. They are TSW Panorama 18x8 and ET45 Offset. Tire size is 225/40/18 and each wheel+tire is a touch over 41lbs. Handling/cornering is tremendously improved! Too bad it's getting cold and will need to throw my heavy stockers on with snow tires. Going to feel like a boat...LOL

bennybmn

Veteran Member
TDI
(Formerly) '11 Jetta 6 speed, Alltrack 6MT
I'm thinking about a winter set too... Where in NY are you? We don't get a ton of snow here usually, but it can get messy at times.

glong

TDI
jetta tdi SEL
Added Traction Control off Switch and moved the TPMS switch to the Console and Added Double apex USB Charger to the Console also and did a host of VAG COM Changes!
what VAG-com did you do? i have a 2015 SEL too looking for things you can do

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Windows Roll up with Remote, Windshield Wipers full swing, Instruments Gauges needle swing, Can't remember all of it I had a guy on VW Vortex who is a VW Wiring Guru make up the Wiring Harness and install it great work!

jcart

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDi Malone Stage 2, Rawtek.
Installed a Sigma 6 from Diesel Geek late this afternoon, was in a bit of a panic to get it done as I had to drive daughter 2.0 hours (one way) to soccer practice. So I can say that 3rd 4th 5th and 6th shifts up and down are much more "direct" (not mushy), 1 and 2 not so much, in re-reading install directions I misunderstood and took slack out of cables the wrong way (I think). Will pull apart in the morning and adjust side to side linkage. According to pdf directions if it's not wanting to go into 1,2 or R side to side needs to be slacked 2-3 threads. Will be giving that a whirl.

Dang and I wasn't gonna tell the wife either....but as its her work rig, guess she'll have to take the truck in tomorrow. I was gonna wait but wanted to try shifter out to soccer and back as its 4 hours of twisty fun highway to drive. When the courier dropped off package I had under an hour to install.... Hahahaa I just couldn't wait, oh well it'll be really nice once I adjust it.

jrc

Last edited:

jcart

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDi Malone Stage 2, Rawtek.
Tomo366, really like what you've done that looks real sharp.

Hopefully my Euro headlight and traction delete will be shipped by the weekend.

jrc

torrimac

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 TDI Sedan DSG
I used my new Motive power bleeder and flushed my brakes. It worked very well.

Based on how the bleed screws looked I do not think the dealer did it during the scheduled interval in the past.

couple weeks away from my 80k service.

beam_panhard_tdi_2013

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI 6MT Premium
I did my 1st time DIY 40k-mi service.

1) Oil and oil filter
Pela 6000 extractor from IDParts

About 4.3 litre was extracted:

Old oil filter

2) Fuel filter
Fuel filter canister had some metal shavings in the bottom, which however were protected by the fuel filter as the shavings were on the "outside". I used my pela 6000 and sucked the shavings out effectively. Some other dark spots were just rust spots which couldn't be sucked out.

Old fuel filter itself seems to be still in good condition.

I bought some diesel early morning and stored it in a glass jar to prime my fuel filter canister. But this little bottle wasn't big enough as I wasted a lot diesel when I pulled out the old fuel filter. I got some more diesel in a larger jar finally. I put the new fuel filter in and poured diesel until it at least went well above the green seal in the fuel filter to prime the system. My car starts right away without VCDS.

3) Pollen filter
It's just very awkward position to change it..

Last edited:

torrimac

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 TDI Sedan DSG
Did full 80k service today, minus the brake flush. Oil, air, fuel, cabin air, trans filters all changed. Oil and Trans fluid changed. Tires rotated.

Time to start shopping sales again to get built back up on fluids and such for the next 40k interval.

akjdouglass

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/premium (sold to VW); 2014 Jetta Value Edition; 2015 Jetta SEL; 2003 Jetta GL
NOCO genius GCP1 Port Plug for my Frostheater.
Dual horns.
Mud flaps.
Cleaned and greased front brake slider pins and pad sliding surfaces.

Wouldn't have been possible without help from my cat. For some reason he decided to climb on my chest while I was under the car on the creeper. It was a little cool out, so I didn't complain.

Last edited:

zg812

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI SEL 6MT
Got my order from the dealership in using the Goodwill package..

Installed sport pedals, black exhaust tips, slim black license plate frame, and a few little extras, of which the nylon waste bag that attaches to the headrest will probably be the best value. It doesn't feel cheaply made, and I have a bad habit of balling up receipts and putting them in the cupholder or door compartment. There's probably cheaper ways of putting a trash compartment in your car, but I'd make that purchase again in a heartbeat.

Going to get my windows tinted after New Years.. Anyone have advice on what percentage to go? Here in Pennsylvania, it's 70% all around for cars (legally), but I talked to the mechanic who inspects my car (what's the point of getting it done if he won't pass it?) and he said as long as it isn't blacked out, I should be okay. There are a TON of cars/SUVs/trucks that I pass that have them blacked out. I just want a medium tint, but I figured I'd ask if anyone has something like a 55-60% on their windows to see what they're like?

STLvwConvert

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI (buyback 8/29/17)
Finished up my interior LED bulb replacements (I say finished as a fuse blew in the middle of replacing lights last week and didn't have time to address right away).

Installed the DieselGeek short shifter yesterday as well!

Happy New Year everyone.

atifvw

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI, 2015 Golf Wagon TDI. 2008 Grand Cherokee Diesel
So here's how she transformed over 6 months: The last few pics are most up to date full fancy protection from road debris, vinyl wrap black carbon fiber on the hood, clear 3M covering the entire bumper and half fender, smoked laminate headlight lens, yellow laminate on fogs and silver carbon fiber on side mirror covers. Rims are replica Audi, were put on at the dealership at delivery. Original's got winters tires on them....

https://goo.gl/photos/X9FTzyVmczYyH7kX7

slycen

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI
So here's how she transformed over 6 months: The last few pics are most up to date full fancy protection from road debris, vinyl wrap black carbon fiber on the hood, clear 3M covering the entire bumper and half fender, smoked laminate headlight lens, yellow laminate on fogs and silver carbon fiber on side mirror covers. Rims are replica Audi, were put on at the dealership at delivery. Original's got winters tires on them....

https://goo.gl/photos/X9FTzyVmczYyH7kX7

Oh man, I just got my 2015 jetta a week ago (also black). Has stock wheels, what have you got on yours? love those.

On topic: Washed it in 35 degree weather. (I know that is nothing for some states, but in Oregon that is cold).

akjdouglass

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/premium (sold to VW); 2014 Jetta Value Edition; 2015 Jetta SEL; 2003 Jetta GL
Got my trans and clutch out yesterday, new one should be in today. Note to self, don't let anyone drive your car anymore :(
Ouch! How long did it take someone to do that kind of damage? Hopefully it wasn't a relative or good friend.
Note to self is good advice to others, too.

tjdeerslayer37

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 jetta tdi plat gray
Ouch! How long did it take someone to do that kind of damage? Hopefully it wasn't a relative or good friend.
Note to self is good advice to others, too.
3 whole miles! We were leaving the hospital after my girlfriend's mother passed away so I jumped in her car to drive her home and tossed my keys to a family friend. No idea what he did to it but ive got the new one in now and it's going strong.

akjdouglass

Veteran Member
TDI
Sorry to hear that. We don't have manuals in our Jettas but my wife has refused to loan her car to a relative to avoid the odds of misfuelling. Kinda feel bad but, when you consider the potential damage, it makes sense to politely say no.

Tgilb2007

TDI
mk6 Jetta TDI
Sorry to hear that. We don't have manuals in our Jettas but my wife has refused to loan her car to a relative to avoid the odds of misfuelling. Kinda feel bad but, when you consider the potential damage, it makes sense to politely say no.
I will deny basically anyone but a select few to drive my car (just a couple other gear-heads I know).

OP - Sucks that you're car had to suffer, at least the replacement is on now.

atifvw

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI, 2015 Golf Wagon TDI. 2008 Grand Cherokee Diesel
Oh man, I just got my 2015 jetta a week ago (also black). Has stock wheels, what have you got on yours? love those.

On topic: Washed it in 35 degree weather. (I know that is nothing for some states, but in Oregon that is cold).
Thanks, they're replika R134A, most wheel and tire shops can these for around $150 a piece, here's the link with info, this offset goes very well on MK6 Jettas.

http://www.replika.ca/productinfo.a...&v=volkswagen_2015_jetta_2.0+tdi-2.0+tdi_s_pp

Tgilb2007

TDI
mk6 Jetta TDI
[/URL][/IMG]

A little triming and a perfect fit
How is it using that pod down in the center console? I've been debating on what pod I've wanted when I add a boost and EGT gauge, but can't decide on using the steering pod, or that one.

Would just seem tough to see the boost / EGT while driving, unless you want to look down at it all the time?

Brewer

TDI
1998 jeep cherokee alh
I don't remember the place I got it. Somewhere in Germany...i have to go through my email to get it. But it was around 100bucks shipped. You have to do some trimming to the piece and some of the console to make it fit but it looks way closer to factory I think. Well worth it

As far as where it sits it's fine I just have a stage 2 tune so egt really not that big of a deal. But when I go higher I will want to monitor it more. It's kind of hard to look down at but I just look at it every now and then to make sure everything is in the norm.

Last edited:

Tgilb2007

TDI
mk6 Jetta TDI
I don't remember the place I got it. Somewhere in Germany...i have to go through my email to get it. But it was around 100bucks shipped. You have to do some trimming to the piece and some of the console to make it fit but it looks way closer to factory I think. Well worth it

As far as where it sits it's fine I just have a stage 2 tune so egt really not that big of a deal. But when I go higher I will want to monitor it more. It's kind of hard to look down at but I just look at it every now and then to make sure everything is in the norm.
Hmmm..... NewSouth has one that locates there, and still gives me the 12v power and aux in the little cubby area. Looking at it closer now, that pod blocks those off for me.

Just not sure if I want the gauges there, or on the steering (where, it will block the view of my dash).

Gotta think about that before making the purchase. I love the idea of putting them lower to not block the factory cluster though.