What are people paying?

czar

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW; '03 Beetle GLS
Just curious to find out what people are paying for these. Just bought a new Touareg for $45700 with lux and tech pkgs. We didn't look
too seriously at the Q7 because of the price difference, but I thought it would be interesting to find out what people are paying.

golden_boy

TDI
2011 JSW TDI, white-gold
I had an interesting experience with this yesterday. My wife and I are shopping around for a 7-passenger SUV and the Q7 TDI was on our list - at the top of our choices (and price range).

Long story short, one local dealer here in the Seattle area had a used 2010 Q7 TDI (7K miles) and wanted to sell it to me for MSRP (as a cpo). He wouldn't budge off of the price. Seems crazy to me, but what that tells me is other people are actually willing to pay MSRP for a used Audi (at least in my area). That is wrong to me on so many levels :)

Anyway, long time lurker here and first time poster. I would still love to find a good deal on a new or used Q7 but it looks bleak for now...

Wobisobi

Veteran Member
TDI
Missing my Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
Just bought a new Touareg for $45700 with lux and tech pkgs.
Were there no 2010's available when you purchased? Are there many 2009 Touareg TDI vehicles still around?
More savvy buyers than I are paying somewhere around $1500 over invoice +-0.4% for 2010's. My experience last May for my '09 TDI was a small 0.4% discount. The availability was a bit different than with current Touaregs though.

Last edited:

Brokk

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 GLS TDI JETTA
I find it hard to believe that anyone is going to pay 60K+ for a used 2010 Q7 TDI. My local dealership has one as well. I looked on Edmunds and found several 2010 Q7 TDI Lease retuns like the one you describe in Portland, Seattle, Kennewick, & Yakima. My local dealer showed me thier "invoice" and after a long time (I swear dealers are using some new tatic of making you feel like you are held hostage and that you have to buy a car before you can leave) said the would consider selling it to me for a loss. It wasn't low enough though. They wouldn't take my offer of 50K.

Brokk

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 GLS TDI JETTA
Last edited:

Wobisobi

Veteran Member
TDI
Missing my Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
Just called James. The 2011 models are arriving and being sold now...2011 Q7 TDI for $59,955. Thats $2000 Less than my local dealer is trying to sell their used 2010 model that has 11k miles on it already.
There is a small matter of options and packages. The link you offered goes to a Premium Plus vehicle and does not have the same equipment as the fully optioned versions that were pushed to the dealers to show it off. There are options that just don't become available until you move up the Prestige Package. Not saying I'd pay $60k for a used Q7 but...apples people, apples. The 2011 has the new 8spd tranny and is a bit lighter too. Definitely better than the 2009 or 2010.

sgt_bo

TDI
2009 Jetta
2009 tdi q7

i can get a fully loaded S line Q7 for $54,000 that is before any deals with the dealer, a fully loaded Q5 is going for $45K.

And all tax free.... Yes US version also... these are all some prices we pay for the vehicles in Germany

I am thinking about getting either a Q5 or Q7, just picked up a 2010 Jetta TDI and love it. well that is the wife's car...

ra34mbux

TDI
2011 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI
i got a 2011 q7 tdi last for a few grand below invoice, demand is suprisingly high for the Q7 TDI in the tri-state area.