Well i am part of the Passat tdi owners now!

Brent_B

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE 6M
Having worked at the plant for 5 years I finally bought a new Passat TDI SE 6M just wanted to say hey

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
So, working at the factory, are you building a VW on the side Johnny Cash style...?
I was wondering what kind of killer deal he got, never thought of that approach.

Brent_B

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE 6M
Lol I wish. I wouldn't be in an se! But I wanted a manual transmission. :)
I didn't do bad. I think it came out to 22,300 plus ttl

rotts4u

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Having worked at the plant for 5 years I finally bought a new Passat TDI SE 6M just wanted to say hey

Finally Brent !! Glad you finally saw the light. I drove my 2013 TDI today for 423 miles all highway and interstate and the display showed 50.9mpg when I got home. That a better than a turbo Hayabusa huh?

Don

Brent_B

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE 6M
Finally Brent !! Glad you finally saw the light. I drove my 2013 TDI today for 423 miles all highway and interstate and the display showed 50.9mpg when I got home. That a better than a turbo Hayabusa huh?
Don
Hey Don. Long time no see! The dealer had to pick it up in Bristol when the driver pulled in I checked the car it was sitting at 50.5 :) he did better than me!

rotts4u

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Its really crazy the kind of fuel economy this car gets on the highway. I can't believe if VW advertised more about the super low cost to drive due to super high MPG they wouldn't sell a lot more.

I post on Facebook all the time about my economy and people are shocked. Maybe VW should put a screen on the rear trunk deck showing the current MPG. Turn that in as a new model idea Brent !!

Brent_B

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE 6M
Its really crazy the kind of fuel economy this car gets on the highway. I can't believe if VW advertised more about the super low cost to drive due to super high MPG they wouldn't sell a lot more.
I post on Facebook all the time about my economy and people are shocked. Maybe VW should put a screen on the rear trunk deck showing the current MPG. Turn that in as a new model idea Brent !!

I am loving it. Drove to Atlanta today. On the way down took it slow and was mindful of consumption it returned me with 54 mpg. On the way back I drove a lot faster Averaged 50.8. Pretty impressive considering the power increase over what my old 2001 jetta tdi had!

Have you gotten vag-com yet?

rotts4u

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I am loving it. Drove to Atlanta today. On the way down took it slow and was mindful of consumption it returned me with 54 mpg. On the way back I drove a lot faster Averaged 50.8. Pretty impressive considering the power increase over what my old 2001 jetta tdi had!
Have you gotten vag-com yet?

No I have not. Ill just wait and borrow yours !!