Weird knock

Dirtymax

TDI
06 jetta brm
I have a 06 Jetta TDI with the BRM, I have noticed every once in awhile I'll start from a complete stop, in 1st around 2krpms I will hear a weird knock, and the turbo doesn't build boost, I'll hit 2nd and turbo builds boost and the knock goes away. I thought that it was torsion value related, I recently changed the timing belt and never checked the torsion value. I checked it today, It was at -5.4 I set the torsion value at -.5 and I still hear the knock.

Thanks,

Dirtymax

Dirtymax

TDI
06 jetta brm
I know the cam had one exhaust lobe showing wear, when I replaced the valve cover I looked for cam wear, but I haven't even driven it a thousand miles yet. How can I check the DMF? I do feel vibrations when I'm going like 55 and higher.

Rx7145

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta BRM
There are YouTube videos that explain DMF failure better than I can with sound.

Maybe a axel?

Dirtymax

TDI
06 jetta brm
There are YouTube videos that explain DMF failure better than I can with sound.

Maybe a axel?
Thank you, probably just get a single disc and oil pan while I'm at it, it's got two patches on it that like to leak lol

Psilovybin

TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI (03/2006) 1K BRM
Thank you, probably just get a single disc and oil pan while I'm at it, it's got two patches on it that like to leak lol
Check the CV Axles. I just replaced the CV Axles in my 2006 BRM because when you put the engine under load, it would wobble like crazy but would go away if you maintained speed on a level surface and that wobble is gone now completely.

Dirtymax

TDI
06 jetta brm
Has anyone had this problem, related to the Vanes in the turbo? Axles look good, need to replace the inner seal on the passenger side, where it bolts to the trans, "leaks a bit" but cam seems fine, only other thing I can think of is the vanes might be getting stuck, and hitting second, puts less stress on them and they free up. Any input is greatly appreciated