Want to make a smoking diesel

Kaleb Kerr

TDI
2000 Volkswagen Golf Tdi
Hey I'm new to VW upgrades.
I have a 2000 Golf TDI (automatic transmission) and I'm wondering how I can make it smoke like a chimney ?

Any help will be appreciated

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Hmm... Get a cummins, then make it smoke like a chimney... Then build your VW for power without a lot of smoke.
Honestly, you'll get a lot of people jumping on you for that question, but here's why.
Black smoke is excess unburnt fuel, and it will drive your cylinder temperatures up in your engine, which will burn your pistons and pretty soon you won't have any smoke since the car won't run anymore...
Now, to make it have more power, a simple tune and injector upgrades will net a good boost, which may smoke a little bit, then a turbo upgrade if you're looking for more power. There's a lot of info on that in the power upgrades section.
But with any of those, you will need to budget for a 5 speed swap, since the 01m transmission in your car barely holds up to what the alh has, much less adding more power.