VW to pull out of the WRC

nokivasara

Veteran Member
TDI
Tiguan 4-motion, Golf mk7
Didn't see that one coming!

I wonder why?

The 2017 Polo sounds amazing, too bad it's never going to be raced.

Rxfire

Veteran Member
TDI
2 each 03 5 speed Jetta wagons, 1 NA Isuzu P'up (a keeper)
Racing is expensive

Formula 1 Racing

average $400 million per team with 20 races = $20 million per car, per race

Sounds outlandish, but it is true. No "losers" in that circuit...

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
The teams at the back of the grid in F1 are usually losers and go broke. They would have larger, more stable grids with some revenue sharing. At one of the USGP races at Indy I ran into the Minardi mechanics in Krogers. They had three carts, one full of wine, one full of Barilla Pasta and another full of sauce in jars. Some of the mechanics barely spoke english, but they said they were going to be up all night working and sleeping in the garage and cooking their own food. A bit different than the sharp end of the grid :D

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
Audi has nothing left to prove and Porsche is taking up the slack. As far as formula E goes, nobody cares about it and it makes the WNBA look like a good idea. The only reason it exists is Todt and the FIA propping it up as part of their "road car relevance" program.

Last edited:

RedInk

Veteran Member
TDI
A4, Teak brown
Hi!
What now with team Joest? Will they all fired?
http://www.joest-racing.de/en/index.php
Reading the website: "... We’re going to leave no stone unturned to develop a new program for our squad..."
Rumours are there is a chance Joest may run the chassis but with a petrolengine and no hybrid or 4wd?

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
Hi!
What now with team Joest? Will they all fired?
http://www.joest-racing.de/en/index.php
Reading the website: "... We’re going to leave no stone unturned to develop a new program for our squad..."
Rumours are there is a chance Joest may run the chassis but with a petrolengine and no hybrid or 4wd?
WEC froze the rules. This would open up more opportunities for privateers to run old cars. Yoda might build another one too. Kinda wonder if all the Audis will go to the museum.

http://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...ze-boosts-chance-of-third-le-mans-car-852807/

RedInk

Veteran Member
TDI
A4, Teak brown
I believe that the Audi toppilots (Andre Lotterer, Vanthoor and maybe Rockenfeller) are switching to Porsche?
So, they will stay in The Familie. ;-)
Only Mortara chose for Mercedes?

RedInk

Veteran Member
TDI
A4, Teak brown
I believe that the Audi toppilots (Andre Lotterer, Vanthoor and maybe Rockenfeller) are switching to Porsche?

RedInk

Veteran Member
TDI
A4, Teak brown

DerekG

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 4dr Golf TDI 6-speed manual
I read on Jalopnik today that Lotterer is the only Audi driver moving to Porsche.....unless Porsche is adding a 3rd car.