VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

ottomatic

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golfwagen SE 6MT
I received a 2nd Goodwill Package yesterday. If I took it to a different dealer perhaps it would go thru. I could claim I thought it was just a "software glitch'. :rolleyes:

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Complete nonsense. The "incentives" currently offered are just nonsense over the current problem VW has.

If you are part of the current emission issue, DO NOT accept or use the goodwill package. wait until there is an actual settlement for the issue.

"I'm sorry sir, but by you accepting the Goodwill Package does release us from any liability with the issue."

It is just unbelievable how stupid VW expects their customers to be. Of course just about any manufacturer will count on their customers to be complete imbeciles in regards to anything involving legal aspects of their car.

Last edited:

goodysgotacuda

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 Goft TDI/6spd & Jetta TDI/DSG
Complete nonsense. The "incentives" currently offered are just nonsense over the current problem VW has.

If you are part of the current emission issue, DO NOT accept or use the goodwill package. wait until there is an actual settlement for the issue.

"I'm sorry sir, but by you accepting the Goodwill Package does release us from any liability with the issue."

It is just unbelievable how stupid VW expects their customers to be. Of course just about any manufacturer will count on their customers to be complete imbeciles in regards to anything involving legal aspects of their car.

Have you done any actual research on this or are you making up your own assumptions and fine print? You may consider it before calling many, -many-, members of this particular forums "stupid" or "imbeciles". It's very widely accepted by those involved in this that there is not a release of liability associated this, I, and many others have looked into this quite extensively. Give us some credit for not being blind sheep on the subject, well, unless you are one of the attorneys on the attack or some inside-man with confidential information..you might want to lay off the name calling slightly.

Putting some random quote you decided to come up with this morning in bold does not give it any merit or validity.

Last edited:

WolfsburgGolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
MK VI Golf TDI
Yup. Check for service coupons too. A local dealer was offering $100 off 40/80/120k service. My dealer was willing to honor that deal, so I got my 40k service for $335 today (manual trans).
What did your dealer do for the 40k? I just got my 30k done and they almost forgot the new brake fluid. I know what schedule calls for, just curious to see what yours did. Mine is also manual. :eek:

GearGuy2014

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
The lawfirm that is running (one of the?) class action lawsuits has stated the following:

After significant research by our team, and confirmation in writing from Volkswagen’s counsel, we are satisfied that you may take the “Goodwill Package.” Although Volkswagen may argue that this is a set off to future claims, it in no way will affect your rights to claim the full amount of damages you are due. It will not affect our representation of you against Volkswagen.

source: http://www.hgdlawfirm.com/vwemissionslawsuit/vw-goodwill-offer/

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Have you done any actual research on this or are you making up your own assumptions and fine print? You may consider it before calling many, -many-, members of this particular forums "stupid" or "imbeciles". It's very widely accepted by those involved in this that there is not a release of liability associated this, I, and many others have looked into this quite extensively. Give us some credit for not being blind sheep on the subject, well, unless you are one of the attorneys on the attack or some inside-man with confidential information..you might want to lay off the name calling slightly.

Putting some random quote you decided to come up with this morning in bold does not give it any merit or validity.
It does on the internets, lol.

Exactly. It is the tinfoil hat crew that will ensure that a chunk of people don't put in for or use these cards. If you don't want a free service interval (dealer card) and your living expenses paid for a week or so (the anywhere card)...don't take them up on it. However, don't call people idiots when everyone (including the lawyers) have established that there aren't any loopholes. The GF is an attorney. I had her look over the paperwork before I activated the cards and she said as much.

Edit:
What did your dealer do for the 40k? I just got my 30k done and they almost forgot the new brake fluid. I know what schedule calls for, just curious to see what yours did. Mine is also manual. :eek:
I don't remember the full list, but I will say that I don't think that any corners were cut (i.e. They actually test drove it, as they're supposed to). I'm pretty sure they actually adjusted the shifter linkage (it was a big loose/sloppy before I dropped it off...and shifted like new when I picked it up).

I was so happy with how it drove that I remember thinking (when I drove it home) that I would have been happy even if I had to pay for it out of pocket). It sounds funny, but one of my first thoughts was "it drives like a new car."

Last edited:

miniion26

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Mercedes E320 CDI
All right, so here's my question, seeing that most of you got the cards activated:
My car just came down with a P0AF-000 code, limp mode. I hope is just the actuator, and I was hoping to purchase part # 03L-198-716-A. In the same time, my replacement DPF is cracked as well, and it will need to get replaced.
What would be the best way to redeem the cards in order to get the max out of it?
I was thinking to go to a dealership that will offer $1000 for the $500 card, and get a re-manufactured DPF and the actuator.
Any thoughts?
I have read that there is a company that doubles the cards and is also a sponsor of tdiclub.com. Cannot recall the name right now.

Last edited:

GearGuy2014

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
All right, so here's my question, seeing that most of you got the cards activated:
My car just came down with a P0AF-000 code, limp mode. I hope is just the actuator, and I was hoping to purchase part # 03L-198-716-A. In the same time, my replacement DPF is cracked as well, and it will need to get replaced.
What would be the best way to redeem the cards in order to get the max out of it?
I was thinking to go to a dealership that will offer $1000 for the $500 card, and get a re-manufactured DPF and the actuator.
Any thoughts?
I have read that there is a company that doubles the cards and is also a sponsor of tdiclub.com. Cannot recall the name right now.
I dont recall seeing that anywhere. There was mention of a dealership in Texas that is doubling the $500 credit to $1000 but you have to use it exclusively at there dealership.

I also believe fixmyvw is accepting the full $500 Visa Card in exchange for $550 Credit (This is not the dealership card FYI)

elcid86

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
...just curious - why?
+1
This is interesting. At my dealer, they claimed that they had to take a picture of the MFD (showing mileage) and submit it to VW. They claimed that they could not "activate" my cards without that photo. It is interesting how different dealers lie in different ways. It makes it impossible for us to know what is actually true.

Have Fun!

Don
Why in the world would they want that... And very true...

miniion26

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Mercedes E320 CDI
I dont recall seeing that anywhere. There was mention of a dealership in Texas that is doubling the $500 credit to $1000 but you have to use it exclusively at there dealership.
I also believe fixmyvw is accepting the full $500 Visa Card in exchange for $550 Credit (This is not the dealership card FYI)
I already spoke with the guys in Texas, they are still running the promo, but they want to see the car.............correction, they had to activate the goodwill package at their dealership in order to double the value......
Too bad, I have tried all dealers around me, and not even one is running any promo with the goodwill package.Looks like both cards are going back to the dealer plus some cash,$172 for the DPF only.

Last edited:

dropnosky

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta 6 speed, 2012 Passat DSG

Its actually not difficult to educate yourself on the goodwill package. Of course, it does take away the amusement of posting hilariously uninformed nonsense like your post

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Its actually not difficult to educate yourself on the goodwill package. Of course, it does take away the amusement of posting hilariously uninformed nonsense like your post
And, Ol'Rattleass does not have a dog in the hunt either! :eek:

Out of the goodness of his heart he must be trying to help all us stupid VW customers from making a terrible mistake.

peobryant

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI

I've seen you post this in multiple threads and each time someone tells you that you're wrong. Why do you insist on continuing to post false information?

I do find it humorous that you call (or have called) the people who accept this goodwill package idiots (or maybe it was morons, I can't quite remember which) but you refuse to listen to people more knowledgeable than you about the subject.

Just to re-iterate, no, accepting the goodwill package does not release VW from any liability. People have reached out to lawyers who read over the fine print of the package and confirmed this. Hell, people reached out to VW and they confirmed this. Please stop repeating false information.

MB2VW

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL,
Just my luck.

Last week I took the time to get my cards activated, only to find out that the previous owner committed fraud, and got his cards activated on my VIN number. Obviously the dealer he worked with was complicit...

I supplied the information to customer service, and they have the matter under investigation.

I'll let you know how things work out.

peobryant

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Just my luck.

Last week I took the time to get my cards activated, only to find out that the previous owner committed fraud, and got his cards activated on my VIN number. Obviously the dealer he worked with was complicit...

I supplied the information to customer service, and they have the matter under investigation.

Damn, that sucks. Hopefully everything works out for you in the end.

dropnosky

Veteran Member
TDI
I've seen you post this in multiple threads and each time someone tells you that you're wrong. Why do you insist on continuing to post false information?
I do find it humorous that you call (or have called) the people who accept this goodwill package idiots (or maybe it was morons, I can't quite remember which) but you refuse to listen to people more knowledgeable than you about the subject.
Just to re-iterate, no, accepting the goodwill package does not release VW from any liability. People have reached out to lawyers who read over the fine print of the package and confirmed this. Hell, people reached out to VW and they confirmed this. Please stop repeating false information.
His inaccurate tenacity reminds me of a man at a bar hitting on a girl with singleminded purpose, while ignoring all his friends telling him its actually a guy named rocky

bowltr

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
Got my cards last night. Originally signed up 11/9 but with the site going live early and VW losing my claim I had to register again on 12/9. Took less than 3 weeks after the 2nd try.

dropnosky

Veteran Member
TDI
Just my luck.

How is this possible? Sounds to me like he found a dealer who wasnt checking against the actual car and he must have an old registration. I cannot imagine a dealer being party to a fraud of a measly 1k knowingly. Very likely he took advantage of someones laziness.

Since you have the car it will be interesting to see how this plays out. The lengths people go to steal a little bit of money, yeesh. His name and the specific car vin are all connected to him, there is no doubt he will get caught

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Just my luck.

I don't see how that's your problem. That's their screw up. They went ahead and activated your cards...didn't they? I don't see how a dealership failing to do their job (confirm that the guy still owns the car) should impact the current owner registering their cards. That's kind of the whole point of the confirmation process.

MB2VW

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL,
How is this possible? Sounds to me like he found a dealer who wasnt checking against the actual car and he must have an old registration. I cannot imagine a dealer being party to a fraud of a measly 1k knowingly. Very likely he took advantage of someones laziness.
Maybe it was just laziness on the dealers end. Somebody needs to write a check to VW. That said, I'm optimistic things will come around for my cause, but it will just take some time for VW to investigate the matter.

I wanted to post my experience as a heads up to the community...

Tmmpsych

TDI
Jetta Sportswagon

Maybe the REAL 'imbeciles' are the ones who don't want free money! Haha
Someone offers you free money with no strings attached, I don't know about you, but I take it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FFG1NqKzCg

c4markee

TDI
2011 TDI Jetta
Kind of curious but has anyone sold their dealer card yet? I do not buy anything at the dealer, even with the card some of the markups on parts just hurt too much.
Curious if I can get 400 for it I would be better off.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Kind of curious but has anyone sold their dealer card yet? I do not buy anything at the dealer, even with the card some of the markups on parts just hurt too much.
check ID parts he is offering 550 for it and his parts are discounted....

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
check ID parts he is offering 550 for it and his parts are discounted....
I think that's the VISA card not the "dealer only" card. He wants to sell the dealer only card.

I have no idea about prices, but it couldn't hurt to send a PM to this guy.http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=4961853#post4961853

Have Fun!

Don

c4markee

TDI
2011 TDI Jetta