VW Passat Variant 1.6 TDi B8 speed loss at 160km/h

akerly

TDI
Long story short, we bought a Passat Variant 1.6 TDi last month and decided to drop it in for a regular service because it's about to hit 100k kms.
Everything was perfectly fine with the car, except the fact the heating in cabin was not working as it should (took it long to heat up) but nothing too tragic.
We exchanged all the filters, waterpump, exchanged some hoses, fixed the heating problem. (i would list everything but my husband left the receipt in the car which is now again at mechanic, and I'm not that much of a car expert).

The problem comes after mechanics.
Note that there is NO errors on mechanic's diagnostic tools, NO errors on the car, no lights turning on, nothing.
We were off for a test run, and after we hit 160km/h, it was like gas pedal wasn't working anymore, speed kept dropping down to 120ish km/h no matter how hard gas pedal was pushed, and then the speed picked up again to 160, and ignoring gas pedal once again.. During this, no errors popped up, or check engine light, nothing. After car hits 160km/h, gas pedal simply becomes unresponsive and speed keeps dropping.
We did few diagnostics at two mechanics, and people don't know what's up with it.

We got invited for a software update, but we highly doubt that could be causing problems...

Is there anything you guys could possibly think of, or if anyone had anything similar...
Could it be mechanics messed up something?

Note #2, when we turned car in for service, it didn't have this thing going on because we drove it normally and speed didn't drop at 160...

Thanks in advance