Volkswagen Sunroof Settlement Reimbursement Claim

mayday_soc

TDI
Mk7 TDI
I received this in the mail this week. Looks like a class action lawsuit that covers all mk7 golf’s 2015-2019. I paid out of pocket to replace mine and I’m still having issues from the install. I’m most likely going to try and get some kind of reimbursement. This sunroof issue has been an absolute nightmare.

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
I'll be getting a 75% reimbursement of a $2000+ repair; just have to go get a copy of the receipt from my dealer.

Considering I gave up on recovering that money under warranty long ago, I think it's better than "not great".

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Googling the class action, I found this summary that stated a number of original individual claimants were joined together for the class.
According to the sunroof settlement, the nine owners who sued will receive $5,000 each, and the attorneys who represent those owners will receive $2,850,000.
And people wonder why everyone hates lawyers.

mayday_soc

TDI
Mk7 TDI
@JM Popaleetus It cost me 3k (the first time) and I’d be due back 60% which I would gladly take at this point. Unfortunately the adhesive did not take and the new dealer I went to insisted the new sunroof frame was bent (couldn’t fit glass in after re-installed). They made me buy another new frame. I told them the glass must be installed into the frame BEFORE the sunroof frame is installed. None of this will be covered because its after the august 23rd date. But my first sunroof install should be reimbursed.

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
@JM Popaleetus It cost me 3k (the first time) and I’d be due back 60% which I would gladly take at this point. Unfortunately the adhesive did not take and the new dealer I went to insisted the new sunroof frame was bent (couldn’t fit glass in after re-installed). They made me buy another new frame. I told them the glass must be installed into the frame BEFORE the sunroof frame is installed. None of this will be covered because its after the august 23rd date. But my first sunroof install should be reimbursed.
You can exclude yourself from the settlement and take VWOA to small claims court. Not only would they likely not show up, even if they did, the class notice is decent precedent that you're owed money.