VF Engineering Dogbone/Pendulum Mount - First Impressions

veryhumid

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
Ittttttitittttttttttt shhhhhhakkkkkkkkeeesssszzzzz my car. The stock one is definitely a flimsy thing that keeps things from shaking, but I thought it might be contributing to some harsh starts my car has always had (timing good, etc...). Plus it doesn't hurt to have better shifts, right? They are also supposed to eliminate wheel hop. I didn't have any in the first place, but if I did I am sure if would have eliminated it. Basically it took me longer to get my skid plate off than it did to install. The part is absolutely beautiful. However I was not prepared for the amount of vibration. The change in the ash tray rattles a lot and the whole body of the car shakes. I almost put the stock in, but I am going to see if it needs to break in a bit. The only time it is unreasonable is at idle. You also feel more vibration under hard acceleration. Shifts feel more positive. But this thing makes a racket. I feel like an idiot for spending such a chunk of change on it, so I might force myself to deal with it. I just hope the extra vibration at idle doesn't hurt other components of the car.

What do you guys think?

Justler

Veteran Member
It should settle a bit. I think KROUT has a full VF set, but he's banned atm. You can PM him on vortex under "Scott K". My BFI insert settled a bit and it's not bad. I put in a BFI upper trans mount and it rattled like hell. I took that out, it was unacceptable with passengers.

Last edited:

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Best compromise for dogbone is 1/2 poly. I had the vf tranny side mount in at one point, but that really vibrated.
You can always try and raise your idle a bit.