Veyron Down! Driven into Salt Marsh...

Street Toys

Veteran Member
TDI
sold
Yeah, Its junk!! I should save him the headaches and offer him $500.00 for it:D I'll take my losses cleaning it up, I guess someone has to do it.:)

fitzski

Veteran Member
TDI
Uh... hmm... Well, none...
Distracted by a bird and dropped his cell phone?

...the Veyron features speech-controlled, hands-free mobile phone operation with integrated Bluetooth technology
Just another idiot with "more dollars than sense".

velociT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI *sold*
He did it for the ins. money.

It already came out that he lives in a $147k house and has only operated his small exotic car repair business for 4 years.

The fact that it just "happened" to get on video confirms to me that this is 100% insurance fraud. No pelican was caught on the video.

More than likely the only way he could afford to keep the $2M car was to give himself the work of restoring the water damages and cutting the costs.

K5ING

Mega-Miler
TDI
Silver 2001 Golf GL TDI 5-speed
To be fair to the driver, if you do a stop motion of him right before he steers into the lake, you can see something that may be a large bird hitting the front of the car.

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
That video shoots his alibi of being surprised by a pelican all to hell. No sign of the alleged bird at all in the video.

K5ing - at what time mark in the video did you see something that resembles a bird? I saw nothing.

Last edited:

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
K5ING said:
To be fair to the driver, if you do a stop motion of him right before he steers into the lake, you can see something that may be a large bird hitting the front of the car.
I looked at it full screen mode with several motion stops and did not see any big bird hit the car. My old eyes may not be as sharp as can be though.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
If you read the comments, it looks more and more like a scam set up. If not, the guy is a lucky dude he didn't kill himself.

Last edited:

velociT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI *sold*
VeeDubTDI said:
Can we say "insurance fraud?" ;)
Yep.

I think if I drove my exotic into a body of water, I would attempt to go back in the 15 mins it was floating and idling to try to shut it off. :rolleyes:

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I betcha the car can't be sold for what the insurance company has it valued for. But with this video made so public ... good luck with that insurance claim.

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
Two possibilities.
1) idiot crashed car accidently because he's stupid = bankrupt
2) idiot crashed car on purpose for insurance fraud = bankrupt and prison.