VCDS hogging the desktop!

dieseljunkie

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat TDI wagon
I can't minimize VCDS (ver 10.6.2) when it's running. It takes over the desktop and is always on the foreground. Windows 7, 64 bit CPU. Anyone else have this problem? .

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Interesting, I've never tried minimizing VCDS when it is running. I only run it when I want to use it. I will try this when I next use VCDS.

Have Fun!

Don

dieseljunkie

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat TDI wagon
It minimizes fine when VCDS is not communicating with the ECU. When it is, minimizing VCDS (using the Windows key + m) does not work, which makes it a pain if I want to click on desktop icons because I have to close multiple VCDS windows to get to the desktop.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
It minimizes fine when VCDS is not communicating with the ECU. When it is, minimizing VCDS (using the Windows key + m) does not work, which makes it a pain if I want to click on desktop icons because I have to close multiple VCDS windows to get to the desktop.
Mine is the same. (Hasn't it always been like this?)

wolfsburg_de

Ross-Tech AssociateVendor , w/Business number
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6MT
Ah, I see what you mean. You can minimize the main screen but once you connect to a module, another screen (or several) opens up. Can you click on "Show Desktop" on the Windows Taskbar? You should also be able to use Alt-Tab to toggle through programs that are running, including VCDS, bringing each one to the front.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Open VCDS
select 'Options'
select 'User Interface and Identification'
reduce the "window size"
click 'Save'
close VCDS then re-open it to use these new settings.

It and will now always be this smaller size, but it won't fill the desktop allowing you to move it around to uncover other desktop icons.