value of a Ross Tech key cable?

jef@rosstech

Associate Ross-Tech Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 Dog hauling, wood towing, pinball stashing Jetta wagon
We sold those new for $250 and it only supports old K-Line diagnostics. Our current generation entry level interface, the HEX-V2 starts at $199 and supports 1995 to current year models.

If you are needing a current generation of interface to support newer cars, we have an upgrade program where registered customers can trade in their old Ross-Tech interface and get a discount on a new HEX-NET or HEX-V2:

KEY or KII series interface upgrades:

VIN Limits explained here. C?ID=40342&TC=6

While I've seen the older KEY and KII interfaces sell for well over $300 on ebay in the past, the last time I looked they were in the $125 range with the rare odd duck still breaking the original selling price of $250... go figure.

rosskuhns

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf
Thanks Jef! Straight from the real deal. I did find one here that sold for $125, seems fair, I'll throw it in the for sale. Seems fair for what you can do with the older cars, looks like they work with 2003 and older. Ebay can be just silly, I'm always amazed at things people will buy, and with one google search they could find something cheaper, better, or both.

That upgrade program is cool.

I really liked mine. I got to do so much with it, especially with my bigger turbo, IC, 5 speed conversion and all the other $$$ that I had with my TDI for 250K miles. I recommend rosstech to VW people at every show I go to- for those who want to do their own work, mod or just learn.

*and it's got a great name...