Vag Com & EGR /Intake

GladesTDI

Hi All,

Well I've done some reading on the VagCom software and I'm interested in getting it. For now, the fact that I can do the EGR adjustment (2000 Golf Auto TDI) to save me the trouble of the intake , I think is good enough reason to get it. My question is, is it worth getting to save the intake? I looked for posts on this specific subject, but couldn't find any, however I did see the FAQ and the instructions to change values.

Appreciate the help,

dave

GladesTDI

Has anyone else done the Vag Com/EGR modification? Just wanted to get additional experiences or input from anyone that has done this already.

Also, is there anything else I need to get besides the software, connector, (laptop i have)?

Thanks,

Dave
Naples FL

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I am sure that the number of people who have done this recalibration are in the hundreds, if not thousands by now. There are no side effects other than slightly higher NOx emissions, everything else is good, so quit worrying!

If you have a laptop then the software and cable is all you need, and is all part of the package when you buy VAG-COM.