using CA for thread lock

**DONOTDELETE**

Hey, I was out of loctite, and I needed a thread lock for a nut/screw that goes into the platic intake L. What I found was what contractors use, no mention of what it is but looks more like a stronger cyanoacrylate than regular Krazy Gloo. It's screwed on there tight as well. I now have blue loctite but should the thing be taken apart and reassembled with the loctite (a polyester)? tia

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
hmmm,

i'd say use the loctite and not crazy glue for a couple reasons. Cyanowhatchamacallit is very brittle and unless the metal surfaces are very rough - it won't stick through the engine vibrations. But as for location of exact application i can't help

more description as to what the heck you are trying to locktite.

In general Antiseize is a better option on cars as you (more often than not) have more problem with NOT being able to remove bolts and nuts than having them come out too easily.

M

mickey

What did you fasten? Just a little screw in the plastic? You don't need thread locker in the first place. The Krazy Glue will be fine.

-mickey

**DONOTDELETE**

It's a brass screw and brass nut, going through a hole I drilled the polypropylene plastic intake L to fit a boost tap. I'll loctite it when I take it out to put another tap in (one that doesn't try to go through the power steering reservoir). There's lots of it on the PP surfaces and should last until the Round Tuits I need for the boost gauge come in.