Used DPF question

JesseTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, Premium package
On the classifieds section of this site is where you could sell it. As for price, that's up to you, I'd personally ask for about 70% of the price of a new one to start (simple google search will give you that number) then negotiate from there.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Price will depend on condition and current soot and ash content. I don't suppose you have any readings of what those are? With those being an unknown the price might not be much at all. I sure wouldn't pay anywhere near 70% of new for an unknown like that. There is the possibility of having it cleaned but that just adds to the cost for whomever has it done. 70% plus a cleaning and I would just as soon buy new. They aren't made to be cleaned but can be possibly. They have to be cut open and re-welded to be cleaned. That assumes the ceramic filter is not cracked either.

Last edited:

JesseTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, Premium package
Eh, if I where selling a used DPF (or anything for that matter) I just would start at 70%, I wouldn't expect to actually get that. People are free to shoot me a lower price. Of course if I where desperate to get rid of something I would list at much closer to my bottom dollar. Everything is negotiable.