URGENT - EGR Cooler - Hose Diameters?

rallywagon

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 Jetta, '00 Jetta
I have sprung a leak at my EGR cooler ('98 Jetta manual), and I have been searching the forums. But, I can not confirm the inner diameters of the 2 larger coolant lines and one smaller. I have to do a road-side repair today, and this info would be really helpful. I want to couple the larger hoses with a barb fitting and just plug the smaller hose for now? THANKS

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
I have sprung a leak at my EGR cooler ('98 Jetta manual), and I have been searching the forums. But, I can not confirm the inner diameters of the 2 larger coolant lines and one smaller. I have to do a road-side repair today, and this info would be really helpful. I want to couple the larger hoses with a barb fitting and just plug the smaller hose for now? THANKS
The small one is 8mm (5/16") and the big ones are 3/4"

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,

rallywagon

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 Jetta, '00 Jetta
I was just out looking at my car...I am not sure the EGR cooler is the source of my leak. It is a steady drip down the back of the engine, but I can't find the source, yet. Nothing else is back there, right? The hose connections are all dry...maybe the cooler is actually cracked? Thanks.

rallywagon

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 Jetta, '00 Jetta
So, upon further inspection with the engine warmed up, I have a pin hole in on of the hoses under the injection pump. On order. The drips were spraying and trickling off of the back of the pan fooling me. Thanks for the input!