Unitronic COMPLETE Disappointment

ecocar111

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI SE DSG
Unitronic Adventure

Hi Everyone,

I had to share with someone the shear disappointment i have witnessed over at unitronic.
I have called Mike Z over 2 months ago asking for to get my car chipped, and if i could have the ability to switch back and forth between stock and chipped, at least if it appeared so when i go to the dealer, because he is a friend of mine, and i didnt want to complicate my life when servicing the car ( they do a lot for me).
HE said no problem give me your ECU serial and ill get it done, no big deal.
I gave the the ECU serial, and here is where the fun starts:
-Hey call me back in a week or so
-Can you call me back this afternoon?
- I am really busy today, lets do it tomorrow
-Oh, I am witha customer now on another car, call me in 20 minutes
(no answer in 20 minutes)
He even scheduled an appointment with me to have one of his guys do it instead, only for it to get cancelled 20 minutes later because he "didnt finish the image"
I called MikeS. and he said sure should be easy to schedule an appointment. I was going for 10 days out of town, and we agreed i should call him when i get back. I basically did, and he said check with mike z. again!?
called yesterday, he says call me back saturday at 10:45. I did , and he said not yet call me at 12:30, i did and no answer.
Finally i got to him at 3:40 PM today, only to hear:
-im on hte phone, you need to call me later, its not going to happen today.

You know what ? I dont think its going to happen period. Unitronic you have on big problem with prioritising customers. I dont care how busy you are 40-50 callbacks to get nowhere is just not acceptable.

OK?

Last edited:

ecocar111

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI SE DSG
WEll i thought that there was enough people reading this, i should post an update.

Mike called me yesterday and we concluded that what i wanted was not easy to do, and too risky so we went with a simple stage 1.
Once this was out of the way i got the appointment this morning.
I got there a bit early, and mike showed up shortly thereafter.
Flashing the car was a breeze, and now it behaves much nicer. Its peppy, it picks up much better.
Just what the doctor reccomended. This should make a big difference in daily driving.

All in all unitronic is very good for your ECU mods, but man o man are they ever busy. I was loosing my patience this week-end, and righfully so, but at least its worthwhile.
I did ask both Mike's why dont they just hire more people, but thats not that easy when its not a generic office type you need. Not many people around that know how to deal with this stuff.

Patience is a virtue, and now i am one happy camper.

ecocar111

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI SE DSG
i saw how busy they are...

Just while i was there and he was flashing my car, 5 sms messages, 2 phone calls, 3 guys running after them, and i dont know how many emails ( damn blackberries). And all this during the 10 minutes..
So yes a change of tone, due to me realising how busy they are, and also in part because chipped car makes me smile.
I still maintain that they should figure out a way to be more responsive and/or less flooded. and I still maintain they are the best chip tuner out there technology wise, they just might be way too popular. I dont think any other chippers are that busy, so in a way that might be a good sign.

Vipervnm

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Package 1
Talk about a 180. If you were that dissatisfied and felt they treated you that poorly prior to your tune you should have stuck to your guns and hopefully lost business would have forced a customer service change over time. Now it just seems like it was a minor irritant that people are willing to deal with and makes your rant seem like, well, a rant.

ecocar111

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI SE DSG
i think they know

I even sent them a nasty email before they called me back.
And they appologised too.

But yeah, i see your point. I just wanted my car chipped and wanted it done by someone local, so i guess i was willing to forgive.

v70rsik

Veteran Member
TDI
GTI..soon TDI
ecocar111 said:
I even sent them a nasty email before they called me back.
And they appologised too.

But yeah, i see your point. I just wanted my car chipped and wanted it done by someone local, so i guess i was willing to forgive.
Even if i had to wait a month to get my unitronic chip...it would have been worth the wait.

Congrats...and enjoy.