Unique 2002 stage 3 Jetta TDI FULL GLI INTERIOR/EXTERIOR 5 speed 48mpg $8000

chrissw_us

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI 5sp.
Unique 2002 stage 3 Jetta TDI FULL GLI INTERIOR/EXTERIOR 5 speed 48mpg $7500

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

$7,500. Motivated seller.
Approximately 170,000 miles. TB/Water pump done at 110,000. I have a timing belt and water pump full kit from Diesel geek that I will include in sale. 5 speed manual gets 48mpg mixed city/highway.
-Taller 5th gear for better highway mpg.
-Stage 3 Malone tune.
-B&M Short Throw shifter in the car.
-Diesel Geek Sigma 5 Short shift linkages on the transmission for a super crisp short shift.
-Bigger injectors
-Full EGR Delete
-No lights on the dash (have VAG-COM to prove)
-Lowered on Watercooled Racing Developement Coilovers this summer.
-20mm adapters in the rear, 15mm up front
-MK5 Huffs
-Full Gli body kit
-GLI recaros, brushed aluminum trim, door trim, hood struts, trunk struts, pull handles.
-Tires have 10,000 miles on them.
-Brand new Brakes (With full brake flush)
-Power steering flush
-Brand new battery.
-new upper control arms, lower ball joints, inner and outer tie-rods, lower control arm bushings. All done this summer with the suspension and new tires and alignment. Does not wear tires unevenly.
-Two things to note, 3rd and 4th gear crunch a little bit, but i double clutch them and its not too bad. THIS CAR WILL COME WITH AN ADDITIONAL 5 SPEED TRANNY IN CASE YOU WANT TO CHANGE IT. I didn't because it doesn't bother me, and the taller 5th gear in the current tranny is so nice on the highway. ~2200 RPM at 80 MPH. over 50 MPG
I'm missing so much stuff I know. It really hurts me to put this car up for sale. but financial needs have changed, and i'll be driving my truck more.
This is a low mileage TDI, that has had thousands of preventative and preemptive maintenance performed. do not low-ball me. I see these TDI's bone stock with 200,000+ selling for 5,000-6,000.
I'm realistically priced.
This car has been with me for 2 years. It came from LOUISIANA, its a southern car its whole life. not a spec of rust anywhere.
No tire kickers. don't waste my time if you aren't interested. $7,500 or best REASONABLE offer cash.
Saugerties/Kingston NY Area
chrissw_us@yahoo.com
Text (845) 481-3166

Last edited:

GIDDY_UP_GO

Veteran Member
TDI
10 Jetta 13 Beetle Convertible 15 GSW
I assume the parking brake doesn't work, that would explain the rocks under the wheels?

I just throw mine in 1st gear and that has always worked for me. :)

chrissw_us

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI 5sp.
That picture is about 13 seconds after lowering the car down off the jacks from the suspension install, hence the rock wheel chock. Hand Brake is prefect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

JarHead

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI Golf Gone But not forgotten. 2000 Jetta TDi Kerma Tuned
Free bump for a cool car.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

TDI_STU1

TDI
Jeep JK BHW swap
which injectors did you happen to put in there? Did you do the turbo also? What about the clutch? Really sweet car. I love the OEM+ thing

chrissw_us

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI 5sp.
TDI_STU1,

Previous owner did the injectors before I got the car, so unfortunately I don't know which injectors are in it. With the malone stage 3 tune, it doesn't smoke a whole lot though, I can tell you that. Turbo is original, not consuming oil over 5k oil changes though. Clutch was upgraded to a VR6 clutch and holds the power great! Also, 10mm injection pump replaced about 30,000 (3 years ago) at VW dealership just before I purchased the car. Motived to sell, make a cash offer!

Moesauction!

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2001 tdi 423,000 sold:[ , 2003 tdi 425,000 lower ryder hot rod 17/22 520rc southbend clutch. 2005 mercedes cdi 232,000 sold , 2003 7.3 ford 586,000 miles.
Stage 3 is alot bigger turbo and cluth, do you know which clutch is being used too?

chrissw_us

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI 5sp.
Moe,

If you are talking a Gasser, then yes, stage 3 is an upgraded turbo. Stage 3 TDI tune from Malone is just injectors and clutch. See below.

Stage 3
134whp/235wtq (151bhp/265lb-ft) $299 Upgraded injectors, and clutch (if manual transmission)

http://malonetuning.com/ve-tdi

Also, The VR6 clutch has about 30,000 miles on it, and holds very strong.