Turning on the back seat light from the front seat

bennybmn

Veteran Member
TDI
(Formerly) '11 Jetta 6 speed, Alltrack 6MT
Is there any easy way to turn on the interior light in the back from the front? I'm sure anyone else with a toddler has had the problem of them dropping something from their car seat when it's dark out. It would be nice if I could turn the lights on back there so I could see what I'm looking for without getting out of the car to do it...

DubFamily

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328D xDrive
You can turn on all the interior lights with the master switch located on the roof console by the two front lights. Centered, all lights come on with the doors; switching it left (iirc) turns all lights off (doors won't turn them on either) and switching it right turns all lights ON until you switch it back again.

bennybmn

Veteran Member
TDI
Ok I'll give that a try. Maybe I had the rear switch in the wrong spot when I tried that before...

bennybmn

Veteran Member
TDI
Weird, but not surprising given the wonderful german logic... I'll try to remember to test mine out tonight.

I800C0LLECT

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta & Passat
In my '12 Jetta TDI all lights turned on just fine until my kids moved the rear switch. Afterwards, it stopped responding to the front switch. Same EXACT circumstance happened with my '13 Jetta hybrid too.

Wonky.