Turbo replacement

cconrad

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Hmmmm

Hillcrest just replaced mine two weeks ago, said it wasn't making boost. I was having trouble with low power at higher speeds, like a yaris could pass me at anything over 140km....... So they first replaced the intercoller hose, then a week later the turbo, DID not help, when they next replaced the lift pump all my troubles were gone, especially pesky Yaris's...... :)

Like most have said before, it is rare a turbo is the problem, Especially since it is not your first !!!! what are your symptoms ???

Tuzlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Platinum Grey Jetta
Hillcrest is the one that installed mine wrong last time (last time I get any maintenance done there), and I dont think the probvlem was the Turbo as they replaced a vacuum hose the next day. In the process of installin the turbo they left a bolt off, turbo was left to shift every time the engine torqued and eventually destroyed the new turbo. The Turbo is definitely shot this time, I have had Settle's take a quick look at it and it's toast. I managed to find one cheap with few miles on it as the car was rolled. I was just wondering if anyone has ever replaced one on here.