Trusted TDI Mechanics/Shops in the Victoria (CRD) Area

KenAnderson

TDI
2005 Passat TDI Wagon
Hi folks.
I've a 2005 Passat TDI Wagon (approximately 268,000 kms on the clock). I've been looking for a replacement for it, but can't find anything that provides the same levels of utility, comfort, long-distance driveability, and fuel mileage (kilometerage?) that this car does. So, rather than buy a new vehicle, I'd rather continue to maintain this one. Unfortunately, the service staff at the dealer to whom I've been taking the car for the past 15 years don't share my enthusiasm for keeping the car running.

I'm looking for someone around Victoria that will take good care of my car, and of me.

Recommendations?

Thanks,
-Ken

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
If you're interested in taking a drive, I know a guy in Comox Valley. :)

There are a few members on the board here who live (or have lived) in the Victoria area; maybe take a scan through this "Roll Call" thread to see if you can find someone who might have a recommendation.

KenAnderson

TDI
2005 Passat TDI Wagon
If you're interested in taking a drive, I know a guy in Comox Valley. :)

There are a few members on the board here who live (or have lived) in the Victoria area; maybe take a scan through this "Roll Call" thread to see if you can find someone who might have a recommendation.
Yeeaah, Comox is a little far for me, given that the car's our daily driver, and my wife needs it more than I do.

I'll scan that thread.

Thanks @Nuje,
-Ken

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Hey Ken, take the car to Jason at Ellice Automotive and tell him I sent you. He worked at the dealership for over 25 years until the recent ownership change and he's a great guy who won't throw unnecessary work/parts at your car just to try and make a buck. He will give you the straight goods when it comes to your car (some people don't like that but I prefer it to the typical wispy washy BS you get from other places)

KenAnderson

TDI
2005 Passat TDI Wagon
Hey Ken, take the car to Jason at Ellice Automotive and tell him I sent you. He worked at the dealership for over 25 years until the recent ownership change and he's a great guy who won't throw unnecessary work/parts at your car just to try and make a buck. He will give you the straight goods when it comes to your car (some people don't like that but I prefer it to the typical wispy washy BS you get from other places)
Thanks Ed, but I've already committed to taking the TDI to Rand Automotive. They've got a big diesel shop, and their responses to my queries for estimates were very professional and timely. I dealt with Neil at Ellice 20 years ago when I first got my '87 Westy, and after many invoices gave up on them.
-Ken