TPC installed!

black_and_chrome

Veteran Member
TDI
Black Jetta 2005
Just wanted to express my appreciation to the folks at www.dieseltuning.ca / Joe Hafner. I purchased a tuning box over two years ago and I still love it!!! :D I think that this is the most underrated "mod" available to TDI PD's. I recently got the TPC module that compliments the tuning box. After a few inquisitive emails, I called Joe on Wednesday afternoon to order my TPC... and Friday morning I got a call from the reception of my office... "we have a package for you", my new TPC, not even two days later.:D THANKS JOE! You can really feel the power difference with the increased PSI to the turbo!:D I am looking forward to the Dyno Day in Montreal on December 8th! I will be able to compare my tuning box+TPC with some very heavily "moded" cars... I will be posting my results for everyone.

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
It's about time!! Yeah, Joe is great, he has some very satisfied customers... :)

Looking forward to your dyno results... Be careful with all of that roaring power. LOL :D I've had the TPC for about a year now, and still giggle when I step on it. My tires hate me:eek:

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Nothing like new toys that add power :) Sounds like fun time!!

What kind of psi are you pushing now that the TPC is installed?

add2700

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf GLS TDI
I want to get a custom STG I setup.
So are you saying the tuning box you have is works as well as a chip? I'm all about a tuning box for ease of install but can it perform as well as a chip? Can you change the settings with the tuning box?

VwPodRacer

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta PD150, 98 Jetta TDI
yes you can change the settings on a tuning box... there has been ALOT of debate on what is better... a chip or a tuning box... everybody has there own preference... i prefer the chip but that is just my 2 cents.. you have to try them both out.... i dont know if a tunin box would be able to support a vnt20 setup or anything like that due to i have not done ANY research on one:confused: but i do know alot about chipping:D

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Nobody has run a vnt20 with a tuning box/TPC setup ... yet. But there's a vnt17 that's running with such a setup. I'm sure there will be some posts come next racing season showing the results of the setup at the strip. I thought about trying a tuning box and TPC on my car but the problem has been locating a stock ECU/vnt15 software, not to mention the more recent problem with the exhaust leak my car has ("smokes like a freight train" take son a whole new meaning at WOT!!! :eek: ).

LA@JSPerformance.ca

Vendor , w/Business number
We will be using tuning boxes on our compound turbo set up - results will follow during the 2008 racing season. We have done enough research on this product and we beleive that this will work well. We will give updates as soon as the 2008 race season starts.

Leigh-Anne

Last edited:

black_and_chrome

Veteran Member
TDI
Black Jetta 2005
add2700 said:
I want to get a custom STG I setup.
So are you saying the tuning box you have is works as well as a chip? I'm all about a tuning box for ease of install but can it perform as well as a chip? Can you change the settings with the tuning box?
I would strongly recommend this product to any BEW engine. Even Pod Racer was impressed with the power I got with just the box... I can not wait to raise his eyebrows even more with the TPC at the Dyno day in Montreal!:D no pun intended buddy!

Give Joe a call, he will fix you up nicely! Make sure to get the Wired version as I understand it produces much more power...

Either way, chip or tuning box, as long as you go with a reputable tuner, I am sure you will be happy! Watch out though, it seems to be very addictive...lol

Last edited:

VwPodRacer

Veteran Member
TDI
yes i was impressed Nick... but now wait until you see my new chip... im still smiling.. we will see numbers on the dyno:D

black_and_chrome

Veteran Member
TDI
Black Jetta 2005
VwPodRacer said:
yes i was impressed Nick... but now wait until you see my new chip... im still smiling.. we will see numbers on the dyno:D
That is quite the long list at the bottom there... looking good buddy!

What PSI are you running?

Last edited:

VwPodRacer

Veteran Member
TDI
haha im running 20 psi at lower rpm and higher rpm in 1,2 and 3, but in fourth and fifth im running 22-24 psi above 3500:D my turbo has got a problem:rolleyes: and so do i:D

joevat

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI PD
Ryan is looking to blow is turbo....1 thing though ryan..., the oil may run through the motor, hydrolocking it, and killing it for good. (runaway engine). some were lucky not to get this off a blown turbo...(me :) ) some were not. i think most that were not lucky had to do with the egr deleted or something like that. that stupid flap that gets removed after the egr is deleted. IIRC.

VwPodRacer

Veteran Member
TDI
joevat said:
Ryan is looking to blow is turbo....1 thing though ryan..., the oil may run through the motor, hydrolocking it, and killing it for good. (runaway engine). some were lucky not to get this off a blown turbo...(me :) ) some were not. i think most that were not lucky had to do with the egr deleted or something like that. that stupid flap that gets removed after the egr is deleted. IIRC.
dont you worry Joe... this engine is just temporary now... im building my next engine as we speak...so dont worry about the runaway... i always watch my gauge joe.... and what ppl are deleting is the intake flapper that shuts the air flow off to the engine... which i have deleted... and ya if the turbo does blow it COULD cause a runaway... its the risk you take while tuning:) so dont worry:D i dont hold it at 24 psi longer then 5-10secs... and it doesnt spike up to that;)