Tool coordination

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
I will have my metric tool box, my TDI specific tool box, and "what-not" box with me. With these, we have MAFs, fuel filters, injector installs, and other basic maintenance tools available. There will be a collection of various seals, O rings, switches, and sensors in the what not box.

Since we know that weight = mpg, I would prefer not to haul heavier items 600+ miles. Also, since the Passat has issues, will be bringing the Golf and will have limited space.

Can someone closer bring the following: Timing belt tools (A3/B4, A4, PD if you have them), floor jack, jackstands, and plastic ramps.

I know that this is not a wrenching GTG, but we all know that "feces happens". There will inevitably be at least one emergency repair required to get a member home, and it's nice to be prepared for it.

Thanks, Bruce

Last edited:

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
I was planning on tossing the VAGCOM and the toolbox in the trunk (that reminds me - need to download the latest VAGCOM and reinstall/reactivate my Bentley manual...)

I will see about making space for my floor jack (2.5 ton with 2-inch saddle ok?) and jackstands as well.

I won't be leaving until mid Friday morning, so if you end up needing to call me off on the jack/jackstands, get a PM to me by 08:00.

Rob

fastvicar

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat, Indian Red
My brother will have his Rhino Ramps available for use from Saturday mid-morning until after the Brewery Tour.

I will bring my laptop w/ VAG-COM & Bentley B4 manual.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
I have ZERO tools coming since I'm flying but will offer some services if tools are presented.

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
I will have my tools, which is everything short of timing belt tools.

Anyone bringing spare parts? IE, spare vnt15 or something along those lines. Turbo seems like the only catastrophic failure item that is easily replacable.

So if someone has a used vnt15, maybe that would be good to have on hand.

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
The jack, jackstands, and tools are loaded. I'm going to get the latest VAGCOM installed before I mount up (expect to be getting on the road within an hour).

I also tossed my torque wrench (cheap, but only used once thus far) and a small inverter in, and have my A4 Bentley manual ready to use.

See you guys in a couple of hours!

Rob