Tires

NFSTDI

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'98 Jetta
OK, now that I've used up my Michelin MXV4s it was time for an upgrade. I have chosen wisely. I got a set of Kumhos from Big O tires installed and an alignment for very close to the price Costco charged me for the MXV4s. So far I like them very much. I've only pushed them a little and they stuck like glue, unlike my MXV4s. They are not that aggressive, more of an all purpose tire but they are V rated. I'll post the exact specs soon.....

bluesmoker

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 pd 5 speed tip
NFSTDI said:
OK, now that I've used up my Michelin MXV4s it was time for an upgrade. I have chosen wisely. I got a set of Kumhos from Big O tires installed and an alignment for very close to the price Costco charged me for the MXV4s. So far I like them very much. I've only pushed them a little and they stuck like glue, unlike my MXV4s. They are not that aggressive, more of an all purpose tire but they are V rated. I'll post the exact specs soon.....
what model of kumho tires?

rez311

Veteran Member
TDI
A3 TDI White
I'm going to grab a set of kumho ecsta xs in the next week or two. The bridgestore RE01 are excellent tires for grip. I have ran through 4 sets in the past 75k.

NFSTDI probably got the Kumho MX tires, which is a typical tire. It's not that bad and has decent wear ratings.