timing belt engine mount the one with 3 bolts

benshaw

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta bew
does someone have the definitive answer as to the timing belt engine mount the one with 3 bolts just how much does the engine have to raise and lower to get the bolts out on a 130 pd jetta 2005.

thx in advance.

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
Only need to move it to the point of feeling REALLY uncomfortable:D

Not sure on a PD, though I suspect it holds true with them as well, careful of your down pipe.

hollowhead

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon 5 speed(2)2000 vw beetle tdi automatic
Lower the engine to be the bolt out towards the rear of the car.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
And disconnect the vacuum 'pipe' coming out of the pump before moving the engine that much or you'll most likely break it.

MRR

TDI
2001 GTI GLX BEW swap
And disconnect the vacuum 'pipe' coming out of the pump before moving the engine that much or you'll most likely break it.
Yeah please do this. I broke mine when I did my TB. No brakes and no boost until I got another :mad:
The part is also expensive over $50 for VE engines and over $70 for PD engines

benshaw

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta bew
im thinking of drilling through the inner wing to get to the bolts that way I wont need to raise or lower it or buy a engine support beam and will save accidently overstretching and damaging any thing else on the car/engine/exhaust.
has anyone done this? your thoughts?

sisyphus

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5, '01 A4 Jetta sedans, 5 sp box, Hamman mod, Joey mod, Bilsteins, 2.00" lift
Well. Only if you're willing to boldly where no man has gone before.

raktym

TDI
03 Jetta 3 of them
I'm not a mechanic but I've done this a few times and it's not difficult to do. I use a floor jack with a pad on it and jack it up at the oil pan. A few inches up and a few inches down is all you need. As a precaution I have a large block of wood and a wedge along side the jack under the oil pan. Place the jack towards passenger side wood on drivers side.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
im thinking of drilling through the inner wing to get to the bolts that way I wont need to raise or lower it or buy a engine support beam and will save accidently overstretching and damaging any thing else on the car/engine/exhaust.
has anyone done this? your thoughts?
It won't help you - getting to the bolts is the easy part - getting the mount to fit out between the body and the engine is a whole other issue. Unless you drill one giant hole through the frame, it's not coming out without tilting the engine.

benshaw

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta bew
some invaluable advice on the pipes, thanks.

would in not help by undoing the dogbone mount, Im thinking it will give more engine movement?