Timeline after offer is notarized?

MarkB

TDI
2012 Passat
Well Wednesday I called the claims number and actually got some help. I found out that my uploaded signed offer was corrupted and even though it's been that way since it was uploaded on 11/4, I never received an email letting me know. Then today I get a phone call from one of the supervisors, or at least he was someone that could actually do something. He called to help with my problem. I had faxed the document on Wednesday and he was able to get the fax as we talked on the phone. He said he would get it loaded into my claim and help get the process moving again. I'm thinking great someone is actually going to do something and I finally know what is going on. I hang up the phone. Then about 10 minutes later he calls back. Tells me he's going to reject my document, the corrupt one, and that I should select that I want to mail the new document in, that allowed him to load my faxed document into the system. It gets better, he then, as I'm on the phone with him, approves my signed offer allowing me to set my buyback appointment.

Don't know how long this would have gone on had I not called and finally had someone actually try to look at my documents and let me know there was a problem. So for me from the time I received my offer on 11/4, it was almost a month till I was able to set my appointment. I will get rid of my VW on 12/17 and pick up my new Mazda CX-9 the same day at the same dealer.

nucklehead

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI W/DSG
Good to hear this info. I live in Sunnyside which is just 30 minutes east of yakima. they are my preferred dealer. Hoping i get to schedule mine soon. So don't take my spot please ;)
I was beginning to think that Steve Hahn customers were being overlooked. The sales staff I talked to said they had 'several' appointments scheduled for this afternoon. I hope they pick up the pace a bit.

It was the first phone call I've made to anyone anywhere on this buyback stuff. It's too bad VW doesn't have a more transparent process.

I get the feeling some of us are being overlooked in this process. I faxed my notarized acceptance on Nov. 13th - waited a full 2 weeks (10 business days) and see guys leapfrogging over me that did the first upload a week or two after I did - then get an email saying they can now schedule an appointment - I haven't seen that one yet. I first uploaded the docs to get this started on Oct. 27th. I'm guessing that will happen for me on Dec. 9th - 20 working days after I uploaded the notarized docs. :mad:

Hey VW! I just want to get to the end of this process SOON!

Marlyece

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI DSG
Well Wednesday I called the claims number and actually got some help. I found out that my uploaded signed offer was corrupted and even though it's been that way since it was uploaded on 11/4, I never received an email letting me know. Then today I get a phone call from one of the supervisors, or at least he was someone that could actually do something. He called to help with my problem. I had faxed the document on Wednesday and he was able to get the fax as we talked on the phone. He said he would get it loaded into my claim and help get the process moving again. I'm thinking great someone is actually going to do something and I finally know what is going on. I hang up the phone. Then about 10 minutes later he calls back. Tells me he's going to reject my document, the corrupt one, and that I should select that I want to mail the new document in, that allowed him to load my faxed document into the system. It gets better, he then, as I'm on the phone with him, approves my signed offer allowing me to set my buyback appointment.

Don't know how long this would have gone on had I not called and finally had someone actually try to look at my documents and let me know there was a problem. So for me from the time I received my offer on 11/4, it was almost a month till I was able to set my appointment. I will get rid of my VW on 12/17 and pick up my new Mazda CX-9 the same day at the same dealer.
Which option did you select when calling? The option for problem with the claims system? Any chance you remember the representative's name? This is the first helpful person I've heard about.

MarkB

TDI
2012 Passat
Which option did you select when calling? The option for problem with the claims system? Any chance you remember the representative's name? This is the first helpful person I've heard about.
When I called the claims number I believe I selected 1 and then waited for someone to answer the phone. I can't remember the persons name from the claims site or the person that called me.

I had also contacted the class attorney and spoke with and emailed them a couple of times and although they were not that much help, they at least were interested and willing to help after I gave things "a little more time ".

I think I just got lucky with the people I dealt with this week, but during most of the month of November I wasn't as lucky. Good luck to you.

On another note, I spoke with my dealer a couple of times the last few days and they are even more in the dark than us on these forums.

garment69

TDI
2013 Passat SEL w/DSG
Uploaded notarized offer on 11/22, just received email to book appointment. Woot!

Last edited:

TDIsoup

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
Just got my offer approved and scheduled my appointment for return.

So My updated numbers are:
9/20 - Docs Uploaded
10/20 - Docs Accepted
11/22 - Offer Letter Received, Notarized and Uploaded
12/3 - Final Offer Approved and Return Scheduled for 12/17

aeronca

TDI
2011 JSW TDI manual
buyback scheduled for 12/19

Same here, scheduled for 12/17 turn in
buyback scheduled for 12/19, notarized docs sent in 11/15, chose date on 12/2.
The whole process seems to take six to eight weeks for a paid off car.
Your results may vary. I would expect the holidays to slow things down a bit more. :D

Smallz

TDI
2015 VW Passat
Just got buyback email today and scheduled for 12/19 (the first available time slot)! Release of liability uploaded 11/22 at 11:30 am.
Nice looks like some 11/22 peeps are getting in. I called the help line just a bit ago they said I should be seeing something soon. Went ahead and made my next payment so i do not incur a penalty for being late. Most likely the appt will happen after that point so might as well pay it. Again good to hear things are moving along.

TDI
Golf
Nice looks like some 11/22 peeps are getting in. I called the help line just a bit ago they said I should be seeing something soon. Went ahead and made my next payment so i do not incur a penalty for being late. Most likely the appt will happen after that point so might as well pay it. Again good to hear things are moving along.
I lucked out since my next payment was due 12/21 so I just cancelled the auto payment. Once I get the funds, the 2016 Jetta I bought over Labor Day gets paid off too!

chasingleprechauns

TDI
2014 Passat, 2014 Jetta
Another 11/22 success! Appointment scheduled for 12/22 at 1:00. Had as early as the 16th available (in San Antonio) but this was best date for us. Still waiting on final offer for the second car - those docs were uploaded and later approved on same day as the first. What's frustrating is that we used almost the exact same docs for both (obviously using the appropriate registration/account numbers) and we haven't heard a word since. Guess my kids will be spending part of their Christmas vacation at the VW dealership - yeah. They'll be OK.

Cincy_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat SE TDI
Uploaded my signed docs on the 23rd and just got my email to schedule about 5 minutes ago.

visortgw

Veteran Member
TDI
None: 2012 JSW with Sunroof (traded pre-scandal); 2014 JSW with Sunroof/Nav (early lease termination 12/17/2016)
Uploaded my signed offer letter yesterday and approved today to book appointment.
You're kidding, right?!? Glad to hear that it moved quickly for someone...

How quickly were you able to book appointment in Syracuse area? Curious as I'm about 50 miles away, and my local dealers were running a minimum of about 2 weeks out when I scheduled earlier this week.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
Sounds right. Isn't everyone getting 24 hour turnaround on their doc's.;)

I have only been waiting since Sept 19th to get an approval.:mad:

Cincy_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat SE TDI
Looking at available dates here in Cincinnati between 2 dealers they only had 7 dates available to turn in cars the rest of the month. On these days they did have multiple available times but very disappointed with selection days.

Kawazar

TDI
2014 Jetta

How quickly were you able to book appointment in Syracuse area? Curious as I'm about 50 miles away, and my local dealers were running a minimum of about 2 weeks out when I scheduled earlier this week.
I chose Burdick VW in Cicero. I think the earliest dates were around the 21st or 22nd. I chose the 27th but the 28th, 29th and 30th were open. On the 27th they had times from 8:30 until 6:30 every hour.

sdlucky7

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
Finally got my date...

11/22 - Notarized docs submitted
12/3 - Choose date email
12/19 - Buyback appointment (first available)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smallz

TDI
2015 VW Passat
Just got my email to schedule my appointment this morning just before 7am. So my schedule time is 12/22 to return my Passat was hoping for something sooner but there were only 2 dates open for the month. Glad this is getting close to being done.

11/22 Notarized Docs submitted
12/4 Choose Date Email
12/22 Buyback Appt

tsingtao

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Mazda 3 Hatchback 2009 Jetta TDI--Bought back 12/21/16
Got my email marked 12:47AM this morning. Just scheduled my appointment.

11/25 Notarized docs submitted
12/5 Choose date email
12/21 Buyback Appt (Earliest appointment available)

Last edited:

kaamacat

TDI
None now :0)
General question. When you get the email for the offer, if you logged back into the portal, does it now show differently from the previous (3) items needed to verify that were checked in green. (DL Proof, Registration, Financial Consent) ?

yehaman

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Got my email @ 2:30am, Eastern Time this morning.

11/25 Notarized docs submitted.
12/5 Portal opened, scheduled appt. for buyback.
12/20 - Took first appt. available @ 5pm. (Did check 5-6 other close VW dealers and this was the earliest appt. available.

ChimneyJim

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 SportWagen SEL
General question. When you get the email for the offer, if you logged back into the portal, does it now show differently from the previous (3) items needed to verify that were checked in green. (DL Proof, Registration, Financial Consent) ?
Yes. It changes to Offer and Acceptance.

Storz

TDI
2012 Jetta
Just was able to schedule my buyback!

Submitted the notorized offer letter on Sat 11/26
Buy back scheduled Mon 12/5 (First available)

Last edited:

Storz

TDI
2012 Jetta
When do we get the EFT deposit email? Scheduled my buyback this morning and had selected the EFT option earlier in the process

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Seriously, why do we even have a search feature here? You'll get an email with EFT instructions after you turn the car in.

msheidiann

TDI
Jetta
Just scheduled our buyback appointment!

Uploaded docs 9/20
Docs approved 10/21
Offer received 11/25
Offer uploaded 11/26
Offer accepted 12/5
Appointment set for 12/20 (first available)

Loan with VW Credit.

*zepman

TDI
Former 2012 Passat TDI SEL Current: 2014 e250 Bluetec
offer accepted on 12/3/2016
appointment set on 1/13/2017

loan with VW Credit

Salsaman06

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL (sold back to VWoA Dec 21, 2016)
Received appoint email early this morning.

received offer 11/25
uploaded notarized signed offer 11/25
Received appointment email 12/5
Scheduled buyback 12/21 @1600 (earliest avail in San Antonio)