time to upgrade

Russell7088

TDI
2011 Audi Q7 premium plus
ok few questions for the experienced owners..
i have 212,000 miles on my 2011 q7. what should be done at this stage to help the life of the vehicle.
what are some failures items I need to look at.

next question Is doing upgrades. from the reading i have done the buzztek dpf delete kit seems to include to downpipe, in addition to this and the Malone stage 2 tune what else can you suggest for an upgrade.

i love driving this vehicle and have no plans to get rid of it anytime soon. i do mostly country driving here in kentucky and i am not scared to hook up to a car trailer and haul cars for people. i even tow my 24 ft enclosed with my model a sedan in it....
i want to thank everyone for their response and if there is a section i missed for upgrades i apologize.

commedeschatons

TDI
2003 ALH Wagon 5mt, 2016 VW Touareg TDI, 2014 Q5 TDI, 2011 335d Msport, 2009 Q7 TDI
Your car has the CATA engine with the HPFP in the front and individual-per cylinder swirl flaps on the intake manifold., there are a lot of upgrades for this engine.

At 212k the engine is probably a little tired. If you have the money, you can do big power upgrades, including turbo, pump injectors, via Bobby Singh or Darkside. Malone tuning explicitly support's BSR's turbo stuff and even have CP3 tuning options.

For Longevity, if would do following

EGR Blockoff plates (Darkside)
Swirl Flap deletes (Darkside)
DPF Delete downpipe (Rawtek, Buzzken, Darkside, etc)
CP3 retrofit (Bobby, Darkside). You may want to refresh the injectors with the upgrade pump, I am not sure. Ask bobby
Tune I would suggest Malone, I have not dealt with darkside before and for simple stage 2 for our NA engines I wouldn't go with anyone else.

The main failure points are
* the emissions related stuff
* Plastic Swirl flaps which have potential to get sucked into the engine and kill it
* Early CP4 which has potential to grenade
* EGR puts car poop into intake manifold, maybe it needs cleaned out IDK

If you planned to keep it forever, why not go all out though.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Your car has the CATA engine with the HPFP in the front and individual-per cylinder swirl flaps on the intake manifold., there are a lot of upgrades for this engine.

At 212k the engine is probably a little tired. If you have the money, you can do big power upgrades, including turbo, pump injectors, via Bobby Singh or Darkside. Malone tuning explicitly support's BSR's turbo stuff and even have CP3 tuning options.

For Longevity, if would do following

EGR Blockoff plates (Darkside)
Swirl Flap deletes (Darkside)
DPF Delete downpipe (Rawtek, Buzzken, Darkside, etc)
CP3 retrofit (Bobby, Darkside). You may want to refresh the injectors with the upgrade pump, I am not sure. Ask bobby
Tune I would suggest Malone, I have not dealt with darkside before and for simple stage 2 for our NA engines I wouldn't go with anyone else.

The main failure points are
* the emissions related stuff
* Plastic Swirl flaps which have potential to get sucked into the engine and kill it
* Early CP4 which has potential to grenade
* EGR puts car poop into intake manifold, maybe it needs cleaned out IDK

If you planned to keep it forever, why not go all out though.
thanks for the info! We are actively looking to buy a Q5 as we have 3 TDI’s and we love it!