Thinking of buy a 2004 Audi a4 quattro with a 1.9tdi

KJuhani

TDI
none, yet
I have negotiated the price down 500€ and the whole car seems like its in pretty good condition, execpt that it has a leaky head. Could this leaking head just be a head gasket or something bigger? what kind of costs are we talking about (probably doing it myself) or will I even be able to do it on my own. Will this car be worth the 500€, or just be a huge time and money pit? I will update once I maybe get more pictures or actually get to go look at it myself. I am new to the VW platforms and dont really know what to look for.

Thanks

-Juhani

dhangejr

Veteran Member
TDI
mk4 Jetta
I’m in America but I do see the prices of cars in Europe. They are much lower. That said, That car probably needs a lot of work. Are you mechanically inclined?

KJuhani

TDI
none, yet
I’m in America but I do see the prices of cars in Europe. They are much lower. That said, That car probably needs a lot of work. Are you mechanically inclined?
I am getting a pretty good discount because I am buying from a friend of mine, so that lowers the cost a bunch. But as for my skills, I have done some brake work, changed a drive axel, done normal maintanance stuff. I do also have basic hand tools at my disposal and a couple good friends who also know their way around cars.

-Juhani

wackey156

TDI
Mk6 golf
Don't forget tax for 1.9 is pretty hefty and did you do your research are they heavy drinkers. How many miles on it but haven't said that not a bad price good luck with ever what you do