The Mystery of the Open Door....

Lex4TDI4Life

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf-Ute TDI GLS 5spd Manual
How can I tell which door my CCM thinks is open?

In brief, my car thinks that one or more doors is open. Symptoms:
  • Cannot lock using my remote fob
  • Interior lights stay on when in "door open" mode, but even when the doors are closed.
  • Chime keeps dinging for ~30 seconds after start up and driving
A few helpful diagnostic facts:
  • To note, I no longer have back doors because of my Smyth Ute conversion. See https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/golf-mkiv-smyth-ute-project.503316/.
  • I ran a VCDS scan and came up with the following expected error codes:
    • 01334 - Door Control Module; Rear Right (J389)
      49-00 - No Communications
      01333 - Door Control Module; Rear Left (J388)
      49-00 - No Communications
  • Obviously, it also has no hatch, but this does not appear to be throwing a code.
  • If I disconnect the driver's side window motor, I can magically start locking using the key fob.
Is there anyway to tell in VCDS or elsewhere which door the CCM thinks is open?

Last edited:

MukGyver

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta PD
You mean you hadn't planned to "wire" those door-sensors to be closed circuits when cutting the car up? ? :unsure:

2002_auto_tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
03 5spd wagon and 02 01m sedan
I had a problem with my left rear door doing this. I wire brushed and sanded all applicable electrical points after spending hours rewiring the door sensors etc. Not saying this is your issue but that was mine in the end.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
In the comfort control module go up to measuring blocks 6-7-8 or 9 and it will tell you which door(s) is open. Another way is if your puddle lights still work the door with the puddle light still on is the culprit.

Lex4TDI4Life

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf-Ute TDI GLS 5spd Manual
You mean you hadn't planned to "wire" those door-sensors to be closed circuits when cutting the car up? ? :unsure:
Interestingly enough, you do not need to wire those circuits closed. I checked with another ute-builder and he didn't run into this problem.

In the comfort control module go up to measuring blocks 6-7-8 or 9 and it will tell you which door(s) is open. Another way is if your puddle lights still work the door with the puddle light still on is the culprit.
Thank you! The driver's door puddle light has been on, so I think I have the culprit. I will check VCDS to see if any other doors are phantom-opened.

Last edited: