TDIs in Rochester, NY Area

rob251

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta 5speed
So if one needs a timing belt job done in the Western NY area, select euro cars is a good place?
I'm about an hour south of Roc, though work near Pitt until Dec.
I'll have to talk to Davebugs again to see about down near pitt.
Still have 5k to go, so don't know when i'll get to that point.
Eric at select is very good, he has worked on my car for years,he's the only one that does work besides my self on my car.

TDI
2010 tdi cup edition
any of you rochester tdi owners have and prefrences to where you get your deisel fuel?
trying to figure out what station has the best fuel for my 2010 CUP

TDIfan84

TDI
'12 Jetta TDI (Traded for Forester, 10/15)
I'm going to recommend Delta Sonic for Diesel fuel. I tried Hess on my last tank because the light was on, and I happened to be going by it, and I will never do that again. It was much louder, especially when cold, and didn't run as smoothly. It could be my imagination, but as soon as I re-filled with Delta Sonic, I could hear it quieting down, and feel an increase in power.

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI SE 6MT 15 GOLF TDI SEL DSG
yup, i agree about the deltasonic, or try sonoco, comparable results

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI SE 6MT 15 GOLF TDI SEL DSG
Just picked up a white 2010 TDI cup today drove it home from indiana to my house on park ave rochester.

ps the trip was 520 miles and i avraged 51.8 MPG according to the consumption calculator in the car!!
is this the red one?

TDIfan84

TDI
I should point out, for those of us in Rochester looking for 507 oil: Pep Boys (at least the Henrietta location) carries it, Mobil-1 ESP at $12.49 for a bottle :eek: And here, I thought the $9.95 for the Castrol at the dealer was high...

TDIfan84

TDI
Aholt- I'll have to look into BJ's. I'm not a member, but they sell to non-members as well, correct?

I saw a Black MKVI today ahead of me on Culver Rd. You had something on the roof on racks, but I couldn't really tell what it was. I waved as I passed, but I'm not sure if you saw me or not :D

Mdub707

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Utica NY here... a little east of you guys. Have quite a few buddies with TDI's in this area.

Aholt, you're on the upstate bombers site too right?

Quattrojim

Veteran Member
TDI
'07 Touareg V10 TDI & '03 "GO" 1.9T TDI
I grew up in Rochester (Greece, NY) my parents still live there. I drive a Mk IV Golf 2 door in reflex silver. I've been back and forth to ROC quite often in the past 4-5 years....I had one "encounter" about 5 years ago on 390 N near the I90 area...white TDI Golf if I recall and he blow my (then un-modified) Golf doors off! LOL! It was awesome! I can still remember the tears of joy seeing his trail of soot linger in the air......

rennfaire

TDI
2010 JSW
2010 JSW in West Henrietta. If you spot a dark Blue JSW without roof rails or front plate, with DRLs disabled, that's me. Buy my fuel at Sunoco on Lehigh Station Road, or the Mobil on East Henrietta Road & Lehigh Station Road.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
There was silver one on craigslist for sale in Webster for just under $17k.....other than that,I haven't seen any in my travels of WNY(Buffalo,Rochester,Jamestown)......

TDI
2010 tdi cup edition
1) curious if you tdi owners use the dealership for service and all related work that needs to be done, or has anyone found a good shop that works on diesels (trustworthy and fair priced?)

2) just looking for gas stations with high turn over. i live on park ave
if anyone has any sugustions it would be great

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Saw a few today on my way from Rochester to Albion between 3-4pm. First was a black A4 Jetta turning left onto Ridgeway from 390N. Second was a Plat. grey A6 Jetta passing me on 390S, around Lexington. Third one was a rare TDI in WNY,a Storm Grey B4 Passat sedan-they were headed east on 31a,between Rt.98 and Rt.237. Note to self.....don't make anymore right turns onto Ridgeway from Lake Ave.w/ semi-that is one miserable corner,especially between 3-4pm. Luckily no one was in the left turn lane on Ridgeway when I made the right onto Ridgeway.......

Aholt

TDI
02 jetta Blue
1) curious if you tdi owners use the dealership for service and all related work that needs to be done, or has anyone found a good shop that works on diesels (trustworthy and fair priced?)

2) just looking for gas stations with high turn over. i live on park ave
if anyone has any sugustions it would be great
BJs has high turnover. I go to the one in Webster.
For any work you need done contact fursty on this board.
He is a diesel tech, he does work out of his house, and his prices
are good.

Brennan-MN

TDI
GMC Duramax
Is there anyplace local that I can by straight number 1 diesel? I am going to be out of town for a few months, parked outside. I want to mix in some #1 before I leave so I can be good to go when I come back.
I would to prefer to not just slam in a bunch of additive. I would rather blend my own diesel because I assume they are still on summer blend around here.
Thanks.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Is there anyplace local that I can by straight number 1 diesel? I am going to be out of town for a few months, parked outside. I want to mix in some #1 before I leave so I can be good to go when I come back.
I would to prefer to not just slam in a bunch of additive. I would rather blend my own diesel because I assume they are still on summer blend around here.
Thanks.
I don't know of anyplace that sells #1 diesel-you could either go to one of the distributors that deliver fuel to farms and businesses(Griffith/Hometown/Townsend),or maybe find a station that sells clear K-1 kerosene,then mix that w/ the diesel.

TDIfan84

TDI
It's been a while since I've been there, but the Hess on 104 at Slocum Rd in Ontario used to carry Kerosene.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
If you do the kerosene route,buy a blue 5 gal. container that is marked kerosene. You can't pump it into your vehicle. The Hess in Batavia used to have clear kerosene,and you had to sign your name on a sheet stating you are using it for heating only:rolleyes:......

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two Jetta TDI's spotted today-both headed west on 531 around 9am-1st I think was an 05.5 or 06 Silver Jetta(no blue "I" in TDI),then a few miles later a Platinum Grey JSW passed me w/ Romano VW plate frames.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A white Jetta TDI Cup passed me heading east on 531,between Washington and Union,this morning around 6:45am....

TDIfan84

TDI
I was passed by a white MKVI tonight in the Pittsford Wegmans parking lot as I was putting my cart away.

Ideliver

TDI
2010 sportwagon
Greetings TDIers Dorsel VW is having a Oktoberfest on the 24th 5-8pm might be a chance for us to have a meet & greet . Finger Lakes VW Club is having a car show there.

TDIfan84

TDI
I missed it! I just got the flyer in the mail too...a little late. Oh well.

I was behind a TDI New Beetle today. It was sort of a dark silver/charcoal sort of color. It had a Sutherland Auto plate frame. I could tell it was a TDI by the distinctive perfume I smelled while driving behind it :)

TDIfan84

TDI
Saw a MKVI Golf at Mayer hardware around noon today that pulled in behind me. I was out looking for batteries...I know...I should have done that earlier...yeah, yeah. :D