TDIers Burlington Vermont

Vindiesel6

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 VW Golf GLS TDI & 2015 Q5 TDI
Hello VT TDIers,

I am trying to resurrect this thread! Can we try to get a small VT GTG together for the month of April or May? I was thinking we could meet up at Al's French Fry or a similar location where there is a sufficient parking lot and food available so that we may meet each other and view everyone’s TDI's. I hope we are able to pull this together soon! Please respond if you are interested so that we may begin to set a time/date/location. Thanks, Hope to see you all soon!

Vindiesel6

Veteran Member
TDI
All,

I believe we are looking at Saturday the 31st of March at noon for our GTG at Al's French Fry in South Burlington, VT. If anyone is interested in attending please bump this thread! Thanks!

fishmando

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta 5 spd
Bump!!! If you are in VT and have a TDI you should come on the 31st!!! We are going to check out each others cars and eat good food!

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
fishmando said:
We are going to...eat good food!
Is Al's worth a 215 mile drive?
I have fond memories of mountain biking there (Jonesville). Our host led us on these insane trails. We couldn't believe our luck, until we heard a distant rumble. "She-it!" ,he said. "We gotta go NOW!" "Why?", we asked as he began pedaling. "This is an active artillery range"....:eek:

fishmando

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta 5 spd
Lug_Nut said:
Is Al's worth a 215 mile drive?
I have fond memories of mountain biking there (Jonesville). Our host led us on these insane trails. We couldn't believe our luck, until we heard a distant rumble. "She-it!" ,he said. "We gotta go NOW!" "Why?", we asked as he began pedaling. "This is an active artillery range"....:eek:
If you aren't busy than be there! 215 is a fun little jog for a TDI. I need to fix my boost leak and advance my timing before then.

Are you guys up for a group carwash down the road after lunch?

Vindiesel6

Veteran Member
TDI
A car wash sounds good to me. I was actually going to do that before lunch on Saturday, but if we get something together for afterwards maybe I will wait. There are a few self service car washes down on route 7 in South Burlington, unless someone can provide us with a hose.

cha-chi

TDI
'01 golf gls
Turns out this Saturday is the BEACH PARTY at Jay Peak. So,,,,, snow boarding, eating, and then drinking heavily, or cars and hamburgs??? I'll catch you all at the next GTG.

fishmando

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta 5 spd
Bump... sorry you can't make it cha-chi. Have fun. Anyone else want to come?

As for car wash, I was thinking we could just go to one of the self washes for sure...

Vindiesel6

Veteran Member
TDI
fishmando said:
As for car wash, I was thinking we could just go to one of the self washes for sure...
Sounds good to me! If I am feeling up to it I may swap on my Summer wheels/tires before Al's on Saturday morning. They could use a good washing and probably some air as well!

fishmando

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta 5 spd
Vindiesel6 said:
Sounds good to me! If I am feeling up to it I may swap on my Summer wheels/tires before Al's on Saturday morning. They could use a good washing and probably some air as well!
I will be there at 11:30 with two of my other buddies... If you have ever wanted a ride in a tuned R32... You might just get your chance!

See you there!

Vindiesel6

Veteran Member
TDI
fishmando said:
I will be there at 11:30 with two of my other buddies... If you have ever wanted a ride in a tuned R32... You might just get your chance!

See you there!
Cool! I think that would just about make my weekend!

fishmando

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta 5 spd
Sorry to those that can't make it... I will see you all who are coming at 11:30 or noon. Bring cash because Al's doesn't take credit cards.

Skimax

Veteran Member
TDI
97 B4 variant(retired at 330K), 2000 B5 1.8T passat retired, 2013 SE (buyback5/17) 2015 SEL, 2015 E-Golf SEL sold March 2019, 2018 Volt LT and a 2007 PRHT MX5 for fun
Just saw this post. We will be going to Burlington this PM with our 97 B4 wagon. It will be FS in a couple of weeks. Would have liked to meet some other NE TDIers. We're heading to American Flat Bread for some food and beer.
Max

fishmando

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta 5 spd
Well we had 7 dubs (well one was an audi) at the meet and it was pretty fun. We will have another one soon for sure! I will post some pics later.

Vindiesel6

Veteran Member
TDI
It was nice to meet everyone on Saturday and do the whole lunch, carwash, and short cruise. I hope we are able to get another GTG together soon. I will be waiting to see those pics as well!

shortysclimbin

Veteran Member
TDI
Kubvan, mk2 golf, mk6 golf
Really wish I was there an R32 tuned..... I think I am jellious even in Mexico! 8 people is great! lets keep this going up in btown! the First gtg we had at Al's was 3! Now 8! can we double the number again???? we shall see... Once I get bacK I will have to bring one of my vw around for a gtg. (mine have been multipling I have 3 now and none are Rabbits! Two are tdi but one is sick and will no longer be able to walk anymore; It caught Tree-pol-itis from the last owner.)

On another note: Look what I found! Mex-V-Dubin!

veget8

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2002, Silver
I too had an awesome time. Lots of good people and their cars. I have some pics that I need to post, and I'll try to do a quick recap the event.

If we can get the Dubsnorth crew to show up next time, we should be able to double it pretty easily.

-Scott

NH_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta GLS Wagon
If a weeknight meeting works for anyone let me know, I am up there every 2-3 weeks and have a hard time avoiding Al's and the Upper Deck Pub.

veget8

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2002, Silver

The 3/31/07 GTG at the carwash on Shelburne Road.
(Click for full size panoramic)

Tom's Audi (gas). He had a custom turbo/intercooler setup.

Alex's R32 (gas). I didn't ride in it, but it sounded great passing me!

Will's (Fishmando's) Jetta TDI

Vin's (Vindiesel's) 02 Golf TDI

Scott's (veget8's) 02 Golf TDI

-------

We met at Al's French Fries. Vin, Bruce and I got there around noon (some folks were there earlier I believe). When Vin rolled in everyone was psyched that someone had brought a car that wasn't Reflex Silver. There was a total of 7 cars but we lost Bruce and Der(sp?) before the carwash. (Am I missing someone else?). We grabbed some food at Al's and ate outside because they were busy.

When we started getting cold we headed to the carwash - a little bit of a fiasco ensued getting there because I followed Der, who was heading to "work", not the carwash. Anyway, we all made it and afterword we decided to cruise out to the islands. Round trip it was about 50 miles. Along the way we saw some nut job fly by us in a Subaru STi, and we also saw a bunch of other nut jobs standing on the thin ice of Lake Champlain, ice fishing. All in all, it was a fun day.

fishmando

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta 5 spd
Nice pics! Here are a few more...

Rali ^^^^

Tom ^^^^

Rali, Scott and Vin. ^^^^

Rali, Scott and Vin again. ^^^^

Scott, Vin and Me^^^^

Last edited:

cha-chi

TDI
'01 golf gls
Sounds like you all had a good time. Decided not to go to Jay Peak, cause it was such a nice day. I swung thru the parking lot on my xr on the way home from Roadside. Would have stopped and introduced myself, but was already cold again, and still had to ride back to Bolton. I'll catch up with you guys at the next one or a little sumpin sumpin during the week.