TDi ProRally car progress.....

Jon Hamilton

Veteran Member
Hey Rally fans,

RallyVW Racing is continuing to make progress on the 2000 Golf TDi. Thanks to the RallyVW Crew and special guest Chad, we made great headway on the Production class car. Check out http://www.rallyvw.com/tori010502.htm We completed the front skidplate frame, mounted the Terratrip 202 Rally computer, instaled the intercom system, instaled the "rally" exhaust(no muffler), and numerous other prep jobs. Tomorrow brings more of the same with a concentration on the wiring of many of the custom rally componets. We kick off the 2002 ProRally Championship in Atlanta, MI on Jan 25-27. For more info check out www.rallyvw.com

Jon Hamilton
RallyVW Racing
www.rallyvw.com
#72 2000 Golf TDi

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
Care to share your springrates and shock valving? Do you stick with stock ride height? Do you remove the front AR bar and add a bigger rear bar? Just wondering what works on a loose, bumpy surface.

Jon Hamilton

Veteran Member
Due to $$$, we are using Koni Adj's and stock springs for our first event in Atlanta MI, Sno*Drift. After that we will be using DMS 50mm superstruts. I am not sure on spring rates yet, but on our 1981 Rabbit we ran Bilstein Rally Struts and 350 lbs in front and 250 lbs in the rear with a 1 inch rear bar and no front bar. We also had 150lbs springs on all corners to obtain a dual rate for the really rough stuff. This worked really well! Once we get the DMS kit this will probably be our starting point for the TDi. I removed the Tranny yesterday and we are making a trip to "Diesel" Pete's shop for the install this weekend. I also replaced the stock motor mounts with the Autotech "race" mounts. Very nice pieces, very hard rubber. We had trouble on the A1 car with motor mounts, hopfully we won't have the same trouble with the A4 car.

Jon Hamilton
RallyVW Racing
www.rallyvw.com
#72 2000 Golf TDi

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
Thanks Jon. I'm working on the wife to travel to Snodrift. She wants to go the Gulf of Mexico and hang on the beach. That is a tad different than Northern Michigan
We'll see how it shakes out!