TDI Operators Manual - From VW

BUG*PWR

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
1.9L TDI manual produced by VW Industrial engines. The manual covers the A3 TDI systems (there should be very little diffrence from the A4 series, systems wise). The manual goes into all the systems of the TDI engine. It also discuses all the emitions systems, power control, Throttle by wire(drive-by-wire) systems and there backups. I can't say enough about it. It also has flow diagrams, system diagrams and performance charts for the 1.9L TDI. The nice thing it lists all the functions of every sensor and it backup functions!!!! it talks about the "limp in modes" in the event you have a catastophic sensor failure!! its about 40 pages thick you will need adobe reader to open the file. http://www.vw-industrieverkauf.de/vw-industrieverkauf/deutsch/index.htm
when you open the page click on 1.9l TDI Industrial engine. this will open and download the PDF format.

------------------
It ain’t the horsepower it’s the Torque !

..........|
........-^-
....-/_____\-
...(O\__o__/O)
...[#]oxxxo[#]

babybenz

Veteran Member
difference in A3 and A4 TDI's,,,,

I had been under the impression there was a BIG difference,,,, turbo for one waste gate vs. variable geometry and the "black box" approach,,,, ??? I believe I read such variances from one of the initial pages of this "Freds" forum,,,,, anyone to remark?

Dan

------------------

WOOCHOW

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS-GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
Hey BUGPWR, just for your info, there is a VW industrial engine dealer located on RT 16 between Cobalt and Colchester. Actual town might be East Hampton, it's tough to say. I think he uses the engines to power generators.