TDI gtg in the DFW area.

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Jetta Cup 6spd, '02 Jetta Auto
Mach1 said:
Daves OK!!!!

Just wasn't himself lately..Glad to hear Dave..
Ditto Good to hear!
Mach1 said:
On another note, how long you guys going to be at the Dyno event? noon?

Is there a back up plan after wards? Are you guys going to Cruise together? or going to some park afterwards? Make a day out of it...
I'd be staying for a while, food especially some BBQ sounds good. To bad DFW is not as close to Kreuz or however you spell it lol, man that place was good!

roundout

Veteran Member
TDI
5 speed ALH
Regretfully, it looks as if I'm going to be dropping out of this event. Going to spend Friday and Saturday at LearJet 35 recurrent training at CAE SimuFlite instead.

However, I must offer a Q suggestion for you guys. Forget Angelo's and Riscky's - neither of them are any good. I recommend you go here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&q=8620+Clifford+St+White+Settlement,+TX+76108&fb=1&geocode=8744677406644691615,32.766167,-97.466843&cd=1&z=16&g=8620+Clifford+St+White+Settlement,+TX+76108&iwloc=addr

Great food, good price, good people.

jaydogg007

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
SBAtdijetta said:
That works for me... its a long boring drive.

Hope everyone else knows its this one just east of FW not the Dallas one.
5950 Airport Frwy, Haltom City, TX 76117

See everyone there
Okay, so Steve & I are meeting at Cypress North Houston & Jones @ 4:45 am in the Kroger Parking lot. Anyone in else in the area want to meet somewhere in the Woodlands and caravan to Fort Worth?

robbinsresort

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI, 85 Golf n/a Diesel
Will have almost perfect conditions for dynoing tomorrow (not necessarily for standing around and watching, though).

9am temp: 41F
High temp for Saturday: 55F
Low humidity

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Steve: I have picked up a pretty bad sinus infection and doubt very much if I will make it tomorrow. Seems like I get one of these every year now. Must be age related..:(

But if the meds kick in and I feel better, you may see me there, but don't count on it.

Tony

inveSTigator

Veteran Member
TDI
06.5 DSG Jetta TDI
robbinsresort said:
You had some of Texas' best last time. Hopefully Fort Worth will not disappoint.
Good luck with that!!! ;)

Update: Anklebitterz surgery went well, no complications. He is suppose to be restricted to a "less active" staus for two weeks! Yeah right!!! :eek:

He had the surgery Wed. mid-day. Was in bad pain at about 5pm. Did well with the codine, and then slept through the night.
Thursday: Bouncing off the walls, climbing on furniture, running through the house, picking fights w/big brotha! :cool: It's goona be a tuff 2 weeks!!
LOL!

I need to make sure he continues his forward progress w/o ripping stitches out, so I will be missing the GTG, but hope to make any future ones.

Y'all be careful and have a great time!

~David

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
inveSTigator said:
LOL!

I need to make sure he continues his forward progress w/o ripping stitches out, so I will be missing the GTG, but hope to make any future ones.

Y'all be careful and have a great time!

~David
Haha lol good luck keeping that kid down! :D Glad it went well, Im sure a big relief for you.

See the rest of you guys tomorrow!

hyoomen

TDI
2002 Golf GLS 5-speed; indigo blue; ~180k miles; stock (*WRECKED*). 2002 Jetta 4spd Auto (01M), indigo blue, ~246k mi, stock
I don't want to get off on the wrong foot as a N. Texas TDI owner, but I will be unable to attend in the morning. School work has become a bit overwhelming and I need to focus on it before the End the Fed Protests tomorrow.

See y'all at the next GTG, though. Hopefully the Golf won't be smoking quite so much by then.

Burl

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
Nice to meet everyone today and I look forward to the next one. Thanks Steve for putting it together.

Burl

doublebarrel

TDI
2015 Jetta S TDI
I really enjoyed myself today,Great gtg.It was nice to see what everyone else has done to their cars.Great bunch of people there also.I look forward to the next one.

jaydogg007

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
I had a great time too! Thanks to Steve for setting this up for us.

Had a fun ride up and great conversation on the way back! By far one of the best Saturdays this year!

j...

wczorn

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Gl TDI 5 SPD
TDI gtg in the Dallas Ft. Worth area

This gtg was a great success! The dynos were good and lots of
TDI enthusiasts got together, enjoyed each other's company and
exchanged a lot of info about the cars. Thanks to Steve for setting
up a great gtg and for Charlie(Kerma) for coming and doing some
great tuning and tweaking! I met some new guys and made some new
friends who share my interest in the cars.I look forward to the next
gtg and to sharing the experience together. Hope everyone enjoys a safe trip home. Until next time. Stay in touch!:D

Burl

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
So what was the best hp/tq number for the day? A summary of who did what would be great. Maybe next time I will be modded.

wczorn

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Gl TDI 5 SPD
I was given my slip by the tester as was every other dyno customer. I
don't think anyone was keeping any overall tally for the scores that I know
of, rather each customer got his own printout and session with Charlie if
desired or needed. Some were watching other's results and maybe comparing but I don't think there are any totals, group averages, tallies, or comparisons. I think it was more of an individual testing thing. For me, it was a benchmark dyno which I can use in later times for historical comparison after any mods,
upgrades or changes I may make. I know one came just to watch and see
what others were showing and help determine if he wanted a Kerma tune or not. I think Steve (sbatdijetta) scored really well, he
has a lot of mods, but I don't know his scores and I don't know for sure that his were highest. I think Brian(alphaseinor) made the most smoke with his Golf and I think I might have been 2nd or 3rd smokiest with my Jetta. We left a carbon footprint on the test area entryway below our exhausts that we photographed for posterity! Hope you can make the next one, it was a lot of fun!

Last edited:

pdreyfuss

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Jetta
My attitude towards carbon has just improved by about 20%, along with torque and hp (very noticeable while driving). Nice to see everyone there.

Last edited:

jaydogg007

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
I think Steve (SBATdijetta) put down the best numbers. Glad to see that the 09 CR actually does what VW says it will...in the 6sp that is. My 09 Jetta DSG dissapointed me. (subject of another post to come later today)

Zlartibartfast

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD 2009 Jetta Sportwagen
I'll be home this evening and then I can put up a scan of my printout. I'm looking at the sheet now, and my best run produced Max Hp 133.2, Max Torque 240.6 ft/lb.
Run conditions 65.4 *F, 30.05 in/Hg, 10% Humidity.
No mods on my car - it's bone stock.

Thanks, Steve et al! had a blast! DFW traffic was something I haven't had to deal with in a while, but it's kind of like riding a bicycle - you don't really forget.

Too bad about the Red Raiders, though....

txpigeon

TDI
2003 Jetta GLS Wagon, his (Tornado Red early MY) & hers (Mohave Beige late MY)
It was nice to be able to meet a few folks that weren't at the Austin dyno. I doubt that I'll ever run one or make any "substantial" mods, but it's interesting to see and hear the possibilities. Sorry I had to run off early, but I had an appointment to help a fellow with his Rialta. Next time, I may bring hot Dr Pepper!

I stopped in Stephenville on the way home to fill up ($2.55) and may have set a new record. Only 889.1 miles, but it held 17.107 gallons. Drove in fine and no trouble starting. WHEW!!!

Duane

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
wczorn said:
I was given my slip by the tester as was every other dyno customer. I
don't think anyone was keeping any overall tally for the scores that I know
of, rather each customer got his own printout and session with Charlie if
desired or needed. Some were watching other's results and maybe comparing but I don't think there are any totals, group averages, tallies, or comparisons. I think it was more of an individual testing thing. For me, it was a benchmark dyno which I can use in later times for historical comparison after any mods,
upgrades or changes I may make. I know one came just to watch and see
what others were showing and help determine if he wanted a Kerma tune or not. I think Steve (sbatdijetta) scored really well, he
has a lot of mods, but I don't know his scores and I don't know for sure that his were highest. I think Brian(alphaseinor) made the most smoke with his Golf and I think I might have been 2nd or 3rd smokiest with my Jetta. We left a carbon footprint on the test area entryway below our exhausts that we photographed for posterity! Hope you can make the next one, it was a lot of fun!
Ive got to second this, and thanks to Steve G. especially, and to Charlie for making this happen! I think I lost count on how many times Charlie tweaked my tune, so thanks for your patience Charlie :D.

Yes the Carbon footprint...;) Ill get some pics up in a second.

As for performance #'s:

I did 156hp/267tq then 148hp/275tq.

Then I did one awesome dyno where I made 24hp/60tq :eek: :D whoop! Not me physically (I wish) on the dyno or on my bicycle (although that would be awesome if I could do that :eek::cool:), but my car PD25 turbo off lol. Very funny in deed. Good times were had.

EDIT:

Awards go too....

The smokiest dyno of the day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm5TpcG9B10

And the lowest Hp/Tq dyno of the day...:rolleyes: lol listen to the dyno operators comments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj1rM5eD-GE

Last edited:

BEN721364

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 sedan
I will get my Jetta tdi in about a week and am interested in participating in a GTG. The DFW area is not out of the question but Austin or San Antonio would be more attractive to me. When and where is the next one?

Brian.Burress

Veteran Member
Copperas Cove, TX most of the Time, Lebanon, IN us
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, TipTronic GONE...
SBAtdijetta said:
Ive got to second this, and thanks to Steve G. especially, and to Charlie for making this happen! I think I lost count on how many times Charlie tweaked my tune, so thanks for your patience Charlie :D.

Yes the Carbon footprint...;) Ill get some pics up in a second.

As for performance #'s:

I did 156hp/267tq then 148hp/275tq.

Then I did one awesome dyno where I made 24hp/60tq :eek: :D whoop! Not me physically (I wish) on the dyno or on my bicycle (although that would be awesome if I could do that :eek::cool:), but my car PD25 turbo off lol. Very funny in deed. Good times were had.
Very nice numbers, Steve. Sorry I couldn't make it. I had good times, but they involved drinking and dancing.:D Unfortunately, I was wearing a uniform that limited my breathability and also my range of motion.

velociT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI *sold*
Had a good time, and it was good to meet everyone.

Congratz Steve, and I was also impressed with Z's wagon dyno.

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
I made it home, tired but happy. Thanks for the great GTG, everyone.

zuke757

TDI
2003 Golf
I would like to thank Steve and David for adjusting my timing, and noticing that my belt was loose BEFORE I did the dyno. It ran great going home and got 53 MPG. I would also like to see a GTG in San Antonio or Austin.
Kent

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Brian.Burress said:
Very nice numbers, Steve. Sorry I couldn't make it. I had good times, but they involved drinking and dancing.:D Unfortunately, I was wearing a uniform that limited my breathability and also my range of motion.
Sounds like you had a good time as well :D, well except for that uniform thing...

Thanks, Charlie did some adjustments and I think my car put up the highest HP for the day. Somebody else had higher Tq but one of mine was second I think.

velociT said:
Had a good time, and it was good to meet everyone.

Congratz Steve, and I was also impressed with Z's wagon dyno.
Thanks, but you should have put yours on too. Just too see what the exhaust did.

Last edited: