TDI gtg in the DFW area.

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Jetta Cup 6spd, '02 Jetta Auto
aja8888 said:
We tried that at the O.N. GTG. It was a bit cumbersome as we lost track of people coming late (like me!). I guess it's the engineer in me that likes to plan ahead....:D
Well then whatever works!

Btw lol I was booing Randy, for not coming. Not you of course. Randy If I can make it...:) .... all I'm going to say.

Zlartibartfast

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD 2009 Jetta Sportwagen
Don't forget to set your clocks back

I should be getting my 2009 tomorrow, and starting the break-in this weekend. It will be bone stock, on it's second tank of D2, by the time I get to Ft Worth. I'll have at least 1K on the odometer (using the DBW recipe) before it gets strapped down on the dyno.

What else do I need to do in preparation? Who else is bringing an '09? Will Tech upset UT on Saturday?

BTW I reckon that leaving the Hewlett parking lot by 6:30 AM is early enough to get there without breaking any laws

Brian.Burress

Veteran Member
Copperas Cove, TX most of the Time, Lebanon, IN us
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, TipTronic GONE...
Wow...This sounds like fun...

I really hope I am able to make it, but I won't know until about 2 days before hand. We have a lot of training that our Colonel is wanting us to do in different areas of Texas. Hopefully it doesn't fall on the same weekend as the dyno. I'll keep in touch, and let you know if I can make it as soon as I know myself. I probably won't dyno though, unless anyone needs another Stock BEW PD100 dyno run. If so, then I'll probably run 3. If I am able to come, and do a run, would someone mind doing a Vag-Log for me? I still haven't had one since I got tuned.

All of this is saying I can make it, which I don't even know myself at this point, so please don't add me to the list yet.

-Brian

TDIinTexas

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI, 2010 JSW TDI
Zlartibartfast said:
BTW I reckon that leaving the Hewlett parking lot by 6:30 AM is early enough to get there without breaking any laws
Now where is the fun in that.... Just keep telling yourself "I stole this, I stole this, I stole this" and see if your not here in Ft. Worth a little early ;)

Can't wait to poke my nose around your car and get a look at a CR.

David

velociT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI *sold*
Zlartibartfast said:
I should be getting my 2009 tomorrow, and starting the break-in this weekend. It will be bone stock, on it's second tank of D2, by the time I get to Ft Worth. I'll have at least 1K on the odometer (using the DBW recipe) before it gets strapped down on the dyno.

What else do I need to do in preparation? Who else is bringing an '09? Will Tech upset UT on Saturday?

6:30 sounds alot better than 5:30. It usually only takes 2 hours to get to d-town.

Us austin folk should decide on a for sure place and time to roll out of georgetown.

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, Seat Leon FR PD 150 6 speed.
Those who are going to dyno please send payment ahead of dyno day so I can make sure there is enough people to dyno. Send me a pm and I will give you the address to send a check to. You can make the check to TechnicalDieselInnovations.

Zlartibartfast

Veteran Member
TDI
TDIinTexas said:
N... Just keep telling yourself "I stole this, I stole this, I stole this" and see if your not here in Ft. Worth a little early ;)
David
Well, you're right. I picked it up this afternoon and took it out for a spin. Before I knew it I was kissing the redline (hit the limiter) and my girlfriend warned me she was starting to feel queezy.

"Honey, those floor mats are rubber - they clean easily"

Man, those cars in the mirror get small really quick....

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Zlartibartfast said:
Well, you're right. I picked it up this afternoon and took it out for a spin. Before I knew it I was kissing the redline (hit the limiter) and my girlfriend warned me she was starting to feel queezy.....
Post a picture or two of the new one:D .

Zlartibartfast

Veteran Member
TDI
low-rez cellphone photos
right off the truck, still taped up:

a little bit cleaned up, with tint:

here's the art shot (see how it seems to be moving, when it's really parked?):

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Nice looking car! (can you re-size the pics?).

I saw one at the Old Navy GTG earlier this month (Lou Ipalvo (sp)) that had side strip protectors along the doors on it and "turbo diesel" lettering nicely done on the front doors under the side strip. Check this out:

I can't wait to see yours in person.

Zlartibartfast

Veteran Member
TDI
aja8888 said:
Nice looking car! (can you re-size the pics?)....can't wait to see yours in person.
Cointantly!

I plan to grab some better quality photos this weekend.

I'm still thinkin' about different wheels, but most likely the Ditto's will be on there for a while longer.

update - more photos, (somewhat) better quality http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=2330099#post2330099

Last edited:

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
I have some 17" audi wheels I will be bringing to the gtg to sell, 5x112, or trade for some 5x100 17". I like the wheels on the car at the old navy gtg pictures. And the turbo diesel lettering is slick.

Zlartibartfast

Veteran Member
TDI
mtbr297 said:
I have some 17" audi wheels I will be bringing to the gtg to sell....
photos/specs?

The Borbet wheels I was looking at require replacement of the lug bolts (bolts included in price). Do the Audi wheels just slap onto the VW bolts?

addendum - UT gettin' pasted by Tech - the horror, the horror...<-{

Last edited:

velociT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI *sold*
Since charlie is coming, I've got a question:

Can he adjust the egr down without actually putting a tune in the car?

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
Do you not have any tune on your car now? Do you just have the pipe mods listed on your sig? Are you going to dyno to see what the piping has improved? I don't know about just turning down or eliminating the egr valve. Charlie will have to answer that. All the tunes I have done through Charlie he normally deletes the egr. SBAjettatdi has a tune and his egr valve has been completely removed from the intake with a block off plate.

02DslPwr

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon, TDI
You can almost completely disable the EGR with VAG-COM. I'll be bringing mine as well as a few other folks I'm sure. If you have a laptop, bring it too.

velociT said:

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
02DslPwr said:
You can almost completely disable the EGR with VAG-COM. I'll be bringing mine as well as a few other folks I'm sure. If you have a laptop, bring it too.
On alh engines this works but not for pd engines, that I am aware of.

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Jetta Cup 6spd, '02 Jetta Auto
velociT said:

V,
Just saw this.... Dyno as you are, then just get a tune man with it have the EGR turned off, you will not regret it. Then redyno with your second two pulls...

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
I am thinking of doing the same thing on my golf, its stock now, except for race pipe. Run 1 stock tune, then flash it and do 2 more runs.

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
velociT said:

Unplug the EGR solenoid and flapper valve and swirl control... DONE!

Oh, you mean without getting a CEL.... :p

J/K ;)

inveSTigator

Veteran Member
TDI
06.5 DSG Jetta TDI
Was planning on going, but will prob not make it now. ????
Kiddo is havin surgery on the 19th for a blasted hernia!! He's only 2, poor little critter! :(

Hope y'all have fun! Drive fast, but smart!! :cool:

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
So far I have recieved payment from 2 people. Will the rest of the people who have signed up please send me their payment. Only 2 weeks left, send me a pm and I will give you the address to send the payment. Sorry to hear about your kid investigator. My son had 2 hernia surgeries before he was 3.

Brian.Burress

Veteran Member
Copperas Cove, TX most of the Time, Lebanon, IN us
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, TipTronic GONE...
Hernia Surgery at 2???

Poor Little Guy. I hope he gets well soon, Investigator. I couldn't imagine either of my kids having major surgery at that age. The only surgery I've had to go through with my kids was tubes in their ears. Keep us informed on how he's doing.

-Brian

txpigeon

TDI
2003 Jetta GLS Wagon, his (Tornado Red early MY) & hers (Mohave Beige late MY)
I'll be there, but no dyno. Will bring my usual contribution of Dublin Dr Pepper for the devotees.

Duane