TDi exhaust...from single to dual

010GolfTDi

TDI
2010 2Dr Golf TDi Manual
I want to dual my TDi's exhaust for the main reason of how much cleaner it looks.
Would the action of replacing my stock catback with something like this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181893401314?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Would that be negative for my car in any way?
I'd be adding a dual exhaust rear valance.
Not necessarily looking for anything louder than stock, but OK with that if that is the result.
Will it increase or decrease my MPG?
Thes the only true modification I wanted to do besides for exterior upgrades.
Any suggestions...do's or don'ts?
Thank you

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
Won't hurt anything, but might help power and mpg. I like the dual look, I might do something like that on my wagon's, thank's for the link, that's a good deal. ;)

Perry01

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf DSG w/tech package
I did the modification to mine. No noticeable change in sound or fuel economy or performance.

NarfBLAST

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf 5MT
I did the modification to mine. No noticeable change in sound or fuel economy or performance.
Looks super sweet!

I thought about doing this to my MK4 Golf but routing the second pipe from the front of the muffler and using an electric cut-out to open it up so that I can get rasps and whistles at the touch of a button.