TDI 2.0 Rolling Coal

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
So, the 2004 golf TDI would be a 1.9 liter BEW, unless someone changed the engine or something.
As far as the rolling coal, that's a very sensitive topic here... Most of the guys here frown on rolling coal as an immature useless practice. It will be harder on your engine and can cause a lot of problems. Personally, if you want to roll coal, get a Dodge. But if you really want to know how to do it. Go to the TDI scumbags Facebook group.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Yeah after the EPA thing. We don't like advertising were deleted. Mine will have a small puff of black and a darker hayze under full acceleration. The hotter outside the easier it is to chooch

Drewser

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Jetta TDI Wagon, '04 Passat TDI, '03 Jetta TDI Wagon, several more in past
Short answer: add fuel. Smoke is unburnt fuel, so in a sense that's why it's wasteful (as well as giving diesel a bad image). The simplified formula for power is add fuel for power, then add air to bring smoke down. Though the more complicated VW's got, the more expensive and challenging that formula got. Life was so easy with my ALH and before ULSD...

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
Larger injector nozzles will up fuel, but dont pop your turbo. I'd do quite a bit of research before diving in. I have a malone stage 3 and larger injectors and mine will move fast, and make people back away if need be.

Drewser

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Jetta TDI Wagon, '04 Passat TDI, '03 Jetta TDI Wagon, several more in past
I should pick up an older golf. Easier and cheaper to tune.
I cut my mechanical teeth modifying my old 02 Jetta. Could only change my oil before that...learned a lot. Looking back, it was crazy easy to bump power up on those older cars.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
You can spend a grand doing it but your going to ruin the engine.
Spend 2 grand doing it right or just sell the car and go buy a truck.
If your goal is to look cool. You wont
Want to go fast? Learn to drive.
Want to do both.. you need to do both at events like Porsche autocross. Like I do. Many thumbs up on the track and I drive like a pro. Take years and about 5 grand.

Imo dont. Ita not worth the hassle.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
I'm honestly surprised I haven't been pulled over. I really should add a resonated.
I drove mine with ~1ft of down pipe after the turbo last summer. Never had a problem, but oh the droning was terrible! Got that fixed before fall came around.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
I drove mine with ~1ft of down pipe after the turbo last summer. Never had a problem, but oh the droning was terrible! Got that fixed before fall came around.
Mine is routed out the back. Straight through. The Drone is starting to get annoying. But then again I drive 4000 miles a month