Suspension adjustment questions.

AnotherPerson

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Beetle
So on my beetle my front drivers side the camber isn't coming fully into spec. What's the best kit for this one? Just need something that will do the job nothing fancy.

Also my drivers rear the toe is out. Do we think this could just be worn bushings or should I get a kit for that as well?

Alignment guy looked at the car pretty good and couldn't see a reason for the camber being off on the front. I still have a suspicion I have bad subframe bushings but would that cause one side to be way off from the other? He doesn't know a lot on German cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scurvy

Good Ol' Boy
TDI
2006 Golf
There is no immediate adjustment for front camber or caster. Toe is the only thing to adjust. However, some shops can loosen the bolts and shift the engine subframe to adjust camber if there is enough that can be adjusted from the other side.

You very well may have worn bushings in the front and/or back end with an 18 year old car.

joep1234

Veteran Member
TDI
former '04 Beetle TDI, now 2x '15 Audi Q5 TDI's, 2007 Dodge Ram 4x4 6.7
Check your ball joints, struts and strut bushings on top of the struts, possible broke spring or bad bushings on the lower control arms. I ended up replacing all before I could get a good alignment. 20k since and everything is wearing as it should.

AnotherPerson

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Beetle
My subframe since the poly bushings has started popping like crazy and I got TT bushings on the way. Hopefully that gets it straight. Don't want to pull a subframe bolt because I'm afraid I might have some bushing fall out being they are originals.