Sushi what is the latest on your ride?

Oldman

Top Post Dawg
Did you get the lower intercooler hose to fit? What did you use? A PD130 or PD100 one? As soon as I get a new PD150 turbo I'm going to mill an American turbo cover to fit so it will be 100% like stock. Let me know what you have done?

AtomicSushi

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Black Golf GL
I had a lower IC adapter made by a friend of mine when we did the install. I bought some mandrel bent pipe and we welded up a pipe to go between the upsolute lower IC and the turbo. It looks nasty but works great.
I took the car to Buttonwillow for Dubwars last weekend and ran in the drag and road course. I beat a modified VR6 in the 1/4 mile during the time trials but lost in the competition (I blame the murderous heat).

I broke my driver side axle in the road race so right now my car is waiting for a new race axle to come in. This is the second axle I've broken in a month, too much TQ + LSD = lots of stress on the outside axle in a turn. I keep breaking my driver side axle during hard right hand turns.

I'll take some pics of my lower IC setup when I go to fix the axle on Thursday. I'm sure a PD150 pipe can be easier modifed than the hackjob I did but I was looking for functionality on the cheap not beauty.

Oldman

Top Post Dawg
I'm thinking the NA PD100 pipe will work too. Let me work on a NA 90 HP housing, with spray molly coat so this will be a direct bolt in. Just waiting for a spare 150 PD turbo to mock up.