Sunroof Issue??

GenoBluzGtr

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
newbie, w/ a new 2012 Jetta TDI Premium.

Not sure if this is an issue or not, but the owners manual seems to confirm:

Sunroof works in the "slide open/closed" mode fine.

It opens in the "vent" position fine, but pulling down on the control does NOT close it (owners manual is vague, but seems to indicate that pulling the knob down (opposite of how to raise it) is the way to close it from this position.

I can go from the "Vent" open to the "Slide" open, then close it from the slide position to get it closed.

Anyone else experience this? Am I doing something incorrectly?

Would like to hear your thoughts before taking it back to the dealer for a look. No other issues but this.

TDI Time

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI DSG w/ Nav
No issue here

Geno,

I have same car, but do not experience the problem you have with the sunroof closing from the vent position. Are you holding the switch down? To close the sunroof from the vent position I just pull down and release the switch, not keeping downward pressure on the switch. It could be like the window control and by holding down on the switch it is sending the second "stop" impulse?

Hope it is something simple, but if not best wishes on a quick repair.

Mike

GenoBluzGtr

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Thanks for the tip, Mike. After reading your post, I went out and tried it, but still nothing. The "Down" position seems to be dead. likely a wire or something, but since it's new (and not a critical thing, since I CAN get it closed), I will have the dealer fix it.

Anyone else have this happen?

vtbigdog

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI DSG
Putting your thumb on the back of the switch and "rockering" it down does not work?

You can also twist the knob completely to the "slide closed" position and it should close

GenoBluzGtr

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Putting your thumb on the back of the switch and "rockering" it down does not work?

You can also twist the knob completely to the "slide closed" position and it should close
No... it will only open in the "Vent" position. No rocking of the switch in any direction will close it.

It DOES close once I twist it the "slide" open position then twist the other way to close it.