Stock boost pipe diameter?

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat B4V, ALH engine out of a 2002 Jetta, some IE Rods and ASV Pistons. Nothing drivable yet though
Greetings!

I want to replace the rubber flex hose that attaches the boost pipe to the top of the intercooler. What diameter coolant hose do I need?

Cheers,
Justin

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
>boost pipe, intercooler
>coolant hose
what you talkin bout willis!
on al ALH, no idea but i do know and have the adapter for a PD130 intake to stock, the correct size for that engine is 1.5" ID well, that's the size of the pipe i used and worked well. dont think its the same but it can't be far off.

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
I assume this is for the 1Z in the Passat, yes?

Don't bother with the coolant hose substitute. In a short time it will bloat from oil exposure. They are not that expensive new.
part number 1H0145834E

1stVWparts.com -- $18 check to make sure that it is not discontinued. It should well outlast the car.

https://www.1stvwparts.com/oem-parts/volkswagen-pressure-hose-1h0145834e

Ignore the notation that refers to part #9 in the illustration. That is incorrect. It should be #10.

They are on the aftermarket as well.
Just Google the number. Just avoid getting it from HansAutoParts.

Last edited:

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat B4V, ALH engine out of a 2002 Jetta, some IE Rods and ASV Pistons. Nothing drivable yet though
Perfect, thank you!