Still no TDI :(

01tj

Veteran Member
TDI
not yet
We ordered ours in Oct but it still hasnt came in and our A4 is getting close to 50k:(

Just to give me some more to look at and read while I wait what have you guys done to your TDI's? Any interesting mods? Pics?

kickaha

TDI
(soon) 2006 Jetta, spice red, pkg 1
I feel your pain!
I just ordered my Jetta TDi last week; I'm trying to pressure the dealer to help me press for delivery as quickly as possible.
The waiting is the hardest part...

kd5dyi

TDI
06 Jetta Spice Red
I ordered mine on Aug. 19, and it came in Dec. 10. Quite a long time, but at one point they told me to expect it the week of Jan. 16, so I was quite happy when it arrived earlier!

kickaha

TDI
01tj: I still feel your pain, but a bit less than earlier...

I just got a bit of holiday cheer!

My Jetta should be in 1st wk of January.
Red, tan interior, DSG, Pkg 1, splash guards.
Just about exactly what I wanted. (I requested platinum gray, but wasn't prepared to be that picky on the color. Red was my 2nd choice)
Not bad for an order placed 12/15. :)
I _am_ irish, of course. It's true what they say about our luck.

I'd be dancing, but my broken leg is still not quite completely healed.

I am _so_ happy.

dieselburb

TDI
14 Cruze Diesel, 07 Duramax, 06 Jetta TDI...RIP
I feel your pain, I've only been waiting 2 weeks for mine, but it seems longer than that.

I plan on adding fog lights and maybe this.

For the inside, I might do this.

Money will tell.

eyetdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat TDI Sedan
Your new car

Dieselblurb

I put the eye lids on my '04 Jetta. Does give it a nice look. Since my car is black I thought with some primer and black paint from the hardware store I could paint them myself. Didn't work. Looked like crap. So I had to order another pair and this time I took them to a body shop where for $20 they were professionally painted.

bodywash

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Black 5 speed (Sold)
I ordered my new Jetta in Sept and finally took delivery on Dec. 23. Great car - well work the wait.

prfbarto

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE with SR & NAV
dieselburb said:
I plan on adding fog lights and maybe this.
Money will tell.
I was planning on adding fog lights also. However, after we got our Jetta about a month ago, I don't think we need them. After you get yours, drive it in fog, night and then let me know whether you think you need them in addition to what comes on the car.

matthewgb

TDI
2006 A5 . TDI . 5sp . Pk1. Platinum Grey (ON ORDER)
Finally

So I recieved a call today and my TDI had arrived. I ordered on October 6th and took delivery today (12/28) from West Houston VW.

2006 Jetta TDI - Platinum Gray - 5sp - Pkg 1 - XM

The fun is just beginning.

dieselburb

TDI
eyetdiman said:
I put the eye lids on my '04 Jetta. Does give it a nice look. Since my car is black I thought with some primer and black paint from the hardware store I could paint them myself. Didn't work. Looked like crap. So I had to order another pair and this time I took them to a body shop where for $20 they were professionally painted.
I was going to try and do it myself also, if I could get the paint from VW. Will talk to the dealer next week. I may just let a body shop do it, save me some hassle.
I want to paint the tail lights also, to get rid of the sea of red plastic.

dieselburb

TDI
prfbarto said:
After you get yours, drive it in fog, night and then let me know whether you think you need them in addition to what comes on the car.
Will do. The finance manager at the house (lovely wife) has said the lights will have to wait a bit anyway.

I am a bit concerned about the width of the beam pattern. I live near farms and woodland, so critters of all sizes like to come and watch the traffic go by. Hoping the fog lights will give me some extra warning when the small critters jump out and try to race across the road in front of me.:eek: Didn't have to worry about the small ones driving the pickup.

Dan_P

TDI
First time VW and TDI owner as of 1/4/06
New '06 TDI Owner

For various reasons, decided it was time for a new car. Checked the local Honda and VW dealers and found a '06 Gray Jetta TDI w/ DSG and Pkg 1 in stock. Decided to take the plunge and drove it home this evening. Looking forward to reading the posts here and contributing as I gain experience as a TDI owner (hopefully it will be mostly positive experience!).

:)

WDM

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Mk IV Wagon/2005/Reflex Silver
Congratulations! I'm 6,000 kilometers into my first TDI, love the car and the "community".

lvleph

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta Reflexive Silver PKG0
I thought I was going to have to order one, but I went down to the dealer last week to see if they had what I wanted. To my surprise, they had 20 TDIs in stock. They even had a few PKG0, which is what I wanted. Man I felt like a kid in a candy store with all those TDIs sitting there. I wonder how many the other dealership on the other side of the city had.

kickaha

TDI
Gloat early, pay the price...

Ah, well.

I was all psyched due to being advised that my Jetta TDi was going to
arrive last week. It turns out that it will be toward the end of January
before it arrives. Although I do have a VIN assigned to me.

I'm blaming all those GTI Golfs consuming manufacturing capacity!

01tj, if I sounded like I was gloating last month, my apologies.

I guess I'll have a 2nd xmas this year. :)