Still awesome MPG

MPMN

TDI
A8L TDI
So we bought a Audi A8L TDI 4 years ago and have been enjoying this “land yacht” quite a bit. Prior to the diesel debacle, on long road trips we’d get up to 40mpg cruising at 70mph +. After the 2 fixes were done i was worried that the mpg would drop considerably. I have noticed that around town, the mpg is down a bit, but last weekend we went on a long road trip and we had an average of 39 mpg for 2k miles going 70-80+ mph. So I am a still very happy audi tdi owner!

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
It is amazing that a car that size can get the same MPG as the much smaller B5 Passat... and that is with two extra cylinders to boot!

Love the big Audis! :)

MPMN

TDI
A8L TDI
Oil hammer- Ill need to check next time I’m on the freeway. But it is a beast that moves..

MPMN

TDI
A8L TDI
Checked it this morning on the freeway at 80mph, rpm’s were 1600-1700.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Checked it this morning on the freeway at 80mph, rpm’s were 1600-1700.

There's the economy! Those extra gears are being put to good use. That car would probably still get very good MPG at 100, probably better than most any other car that size could at 70.

Dieselgate really screwed us over. Take good care of it, there won't be another like it!

MPMN

TDI
A8L TDI
Oilhammer- I totally agree with you.. after the A8L, we got a Q5 diesel and recently a GMC Sierra diesel. Love the diesels for whatever reason! But the audi diesel is a sweet ride even after the settlement fixes done on them. I’m really disappointed that audi totally walked away from the diesel market.
Oh well.....