stereo aux will not come up

nacho1337

TDI
2006.5 jetta tdi
I tried to use the aux jack on my car yesterday and it is not come up on the screen. I hit the cd butoon twice and nothing happens. Does any no the cause if it or a way to fix it. It is a 2006.5 Jetta special ed. Also what is the warranty in the stereo?

nacho1337

TDI
2006.5 jetta tdi
any one. I tryed pulling the fuse for the radio for 24 hour and i did not fix it. Also by pulling the fuse that long should the radio make me enter my radio code?

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
I don't think there's any special warranty on the radio. How many miles on the car? Are you within the bumper-to-bumper warranty still?

Is CD mode working properly? When in CD mode, what happens if you press the CD button only once?

nacho1337

TDI
2006.5 jetta tdi
the cd player work perfect. I hit cd and it comes up. if i hit cd again and nothing happens. If i hold it it it turn on mix for cd player. The car has 54000 miles

stephen

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
Has the aux input worked in the past? What's your mileage/warranty status? You may need a new headunit, which you can probably find relatively inexpensively in the classifieds on vwvwortex.com. The gasser guys are always upgrading and selling their OEM stuff.

nacho1337

TDI
2006.5 jetta tdi
yes it has worked in the past. i use it alot. I don't know what is warranty is on the for the radio the car has 54000 miles on it

JoeKC

TDI
none yet
I just experienced the same problem- AUX input doesn't respond when pressing CD button. Just hit 51,500 miles.

Last week after returning home, the windows on the driver side refused to close; I quickly realized that all of the switches on both driver side doors (mirror, windows, fuel cap, trunklid, window lockout switch, NONE) stopped working. Passenger side door switches worked fine. Finally I disconnected the battery for 20 minutes and everything returned to normal (***?!?)...

...except that now I have no AUX input. CD, radio, SAT work fine but pressing CD doesn't bring up the AUX input. Sucks, since I use it every day. I doubt the dealer is interested in replacing the radio since the warranty is expired. Any suggestions to reset it?

Tom_P

TDI
Jetta 2006
Exactly the same problem with the Aux. I used it everyday for the last two and a half years. Mine is a 2006.5 Jetta TDI.
What we did? We change the DSG transmission oil, so we had to disassemble the baterry mounting base and everything related to that specific job. The car was without battery power for at least 4 hours. After everyting was put back together the freakin' Aux didn't work. This was 2 weeks ago, and I've searched everywhere without luck.

I have all my music collection on my Ipod and I was looking to replace the stereo, waiting for a good deal and I was lucky to get a Clarion 985BT for $299.(DVD stereo only, don't need or want the Navigation). I haven't installed it yet, I'm gathering all the information that I can, that thing has a lot of cables and features.

My car is out 2K miles out of warranty, off course.. :D

Does anybody has pics of the stereo removal ?

Last edited:

weedeater

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Baltic Green
Most likely is that it lost its software coding. You don't need a new radio, but a vagcom and instructions. Hopefully a knowledgable dealer could reset it.

JoeKC

TDI
none yet
well, that blows (paying the dealer to experiment with it)... anybody in KC area with VAG COM want some beer money?

smithfam548

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I replaced my battery on my 2006.5 Jetta TDI and now the Aux doesn't work. Can anybody post stereo reset instructions please?