Status of facilities after storm?

vikingrob

Veteran Member
TDI
2021 Tesla Model 3 (delivery estimate May 2021)
I tried to call the Holiday Inn Express to add another night to my reservation, but there was no answer. What is the status of facilities we will be using?

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL Black w/gray int.
Jeff tried calling the hotel today and had the same result. I'm heading over tomorrow morning to work on Fest planning and to check stuff out. There was atleast one confirmed tornado in Fort Atkinson last night, and I believe one in/near Lake Mills as well. I think there were 30-35 tornados overall within an hour or so of the Fest locations. Stoughton, about 15 miles to the west of Fort was the hardest hit with dozens of houses flattened and one fatality. I'll update tomorrow when I find out the status of the locations.

E

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
All Fest locations are OKAY. If anyone was planning to stay at the Best Western in Fort Atkinson, they may want to call ahead. It was in the path of the tornado and there were building/roofing crews working on the building as I drove past. Otherwise, everything is in good shape.

I'll stop by the Holiday Inn to find out the status of their phones later today.

Edward

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
Try using this nationwide number: 1 (877) 531-5084 in the mean time. I'd make sure they still give you the Fest rate on the rooms even though the deadline date was Friday, just tell them their phones have been down for the past 3 days.

E

vikingrob

Veteran Member
TDI
2021 Tesla Model 3 (delivery estimate May 2021)
The nationwide number could not change my reservation, and also tried to call the hotel directly, running into the same problem: no answer. I faxed them a request to change my reservation, asking them to call me back.

UPDATE - 1:17pm CDT: They did change the reservation as requested. They called to confirm just now (from thier dedicated fax line) and explained the situation: the only way to get a hold of them until their phones are working again is by fax at (920) 563-3030. They expect the phones to be working again late Monday or on Tuesday.

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
Okay, so there was some damage to the Fest hotel... apparently they were going to be working on the roof the day of the tornado, and all of the supplies up on the roof blew away. Things should be all set now, and the phones are working again. There are 15 rooms left for Friday night, but only 5 left for Saturday night. Call ASAP if you still need a room!

E