Spotted in Delavan, WI on Route 50 and Wright St.

brucetmoose

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to own a 2002 Jetta TDI - Black/Black
Spotted in Delavan, WI

Jetta TDI - Mark IV spotted in Delavan, WI.

Was working in Delavan, WI last week ( 2/11 to 2/15 ) and during the week on lunch break I spotted you near the corner of Route 50 while heading south on Wright Street when I was on my way to Wendy's. Wouldn't you know I was NOT in my TDI :mad: but forced to suffer driving a Dodge PT Cruiser which sucks gas (and more).

I'm sorry I didn't get the color - either black or dark blue and I think it was 2/13 I saw you on, definitely tue or wed ( 2/12 or 2/13 ) - I didn't have anything to write it down with and when I got back to the office all heck had broken loose - you know how that goes. Definitely around the lunch timeframe.

Made it back to Rochester, NY ok - if I have to come back and it's not the dead of winter ( it's not the weather in Delavan that prevents me from bringing my car - it's the weather on I90 in NY/PA/OH that does ), Ill bring mine up and extend an invitation for a GTG.

Last edited:

brucetmoose

Veteran Member
TDI
Delavan WI - Beatle TDI spotted - 4/4/2008 @ 7:55 AM

Was pulling into McDonalds on the corner of WI 50 and South Wright Street and went right by a Galactic Blue TDI Beatle parked on the inbound side - Would not have known except the owner had obtained a TDI badge and had put it on the back - very large silver badge. As I pulled around to order, was going to try and flag them down, but they went out the back - didn't get to see who was driving it.

I was NOT in my car :mad: but in a rental White 2008 Ford Fusion with IL plates - the car sucks for gas milage - was getting about 22 mpg tooling around town. And the SYNC system couldn't understand half the words I said. If your phone address book is not in lastname, firstname format - forget it.

I think this completes my spotting set - I've spotted every type of TDI now ( and not at an event or repair shop ).

Good to see you - I've gotta print up another set of cards

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"
Ford Fusion!

Bruce:

I have a loaner Fusion to drive while Graycie, my A5 Jetta TDI, is being repaired (for the next month or so). I am surprised at how bad the fuel mileage is on this thing. It's only a 4 cylinder too! The one thing you have going for you is thaty the one you are driving is a normal color. The one I got is Eggplant Purple! Maybe Grape Nehi is closer, either way, I am not fond of the color, but it's free and I really shouldn't complain.

Dan

brucetmoose

Veteran Member
TDI
Right at work !!! SPX FT HQ, Delavan, WI

To the owner of a black Mark IV Jetta TDI - almost a clone of mine - you were parked at work today at SPX Flow Technology division HQ - "Hood" license plate frame. Not sure if you were a visitor or employee. Only difference between yours and mine is you don't have a spoiler.

You may not know I've been here the last two weeks - I'm parked on the other side of the building - it's a lot closer walk.

brucetmoose

Veteran Member
TDI
Sort of met the woman driving the Black TDI

Two days later ( 5/1/2007 ) I was sitting in the parking lot eating lunch and chatting and you parked on the other side ( the IT / Marketing side ) for once and you noticed my car was a TDI.

I opened the window and yelled "nice car" to you :)

Next time I come back you're going to get carded with a club card.

brucetmoose

Veteran Member
TDI
4/30/2008 @ Wendy's - was RIGHT behind you at lunchtime

Catching up on sightings posts - was in the drive through line and you were ahead of me - bright red Golf TDI - very nice looking A4 - you then pulled into the lot and ate there a bit - if I hadn't been trying to get back to a meeting I would have stopped and said hi.

Last edited:

brucetmoose

Veteran Member
TDI
6/2 - Rare A3 Jetta TDI @ lunchtime

Did another two week work stint and what did I see on Monday - 6/2/2008 at lunchtime was a dark brown A3 Jetta TDI. You pulled in KFC, I pulled into Wendy's. Hmm, both taste like chicken ...

Since you were going the other way ( I was heading out, you were heading in ) I didn't get to see if you had a club plate - I was even lucky to catch the TDI logo as you turned in.

Sorry I posted this so late - maybe you saw me too - it's been a blast having my own car there instead of a rental - AND - they pay ME to drive it - how sweet is that !!!