SOLD: 2002 VW Jetta TDI Wagon Rare 5-Speed Manual

Cgshirley

TDI
Jetta wagon 2003 tdi

Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon with GLS model options, including moonroof, heated mirrors and seats, and 15" alloy wheels (with brand new tires $800 with 50,000 mile warranty). All the power options (windows, locks, cruise control), A/C, and heat work as they should. Has a moonsoon radio with AM/FM, Cassette, Bluetooth, and CD player. She has a silver exterior and black cloth interior. Interior is in good condition with no major stains. Have upgraded rubber floor mats for rain and snow. Exterior is in great shape. She averages 46+ MPG highway and 40+ city.

Timing belt service (with new tensioners, rollers, water pump, etc) at 165k. Oil/oil filter changes every 7-9k (with 5w40 synthetic oil to VW spec) and fuel filter every 20k. Recent inspection had all service performed: EGR valve - has been replaced, Vacuum lines - have been replaced, Brakes replaced and control arm & bushings replaced. Has less than 5000 miles on a brand new Bosch auto fuel injector pump ($1350) (should make it run more efficiently). Just passed smog and got the new registration stickers on it.

*See Updates in feed the transmission & speedometer was fixed* The transmission needs some adjustments. I had trouble getting it in reverse but now that works. My plan is to take it to a shop so that this isn't an issue and will address the speedometer which also stopped working (about 100 miles ago). There's also some scrapes and scuffs around the car, with a sizable dent on the passenger fender (swap the fender and that's fixed). Also, the rear windshield wiper was removed (and lost) to accommodate a trunk bike rack which we can include with the car.

Asking $5,000

Last edited:

Cgshirley

TDI
Jetta wagon 2003 tdi
The car is still for sale, I just took it the shop and got the major items address here's the update:

Took it to Tomas Sport Tuning who is recommended on by the forum and does high quality work ($185/hr, sheesh!) and had the shifter adjusted and now the transmission is operating smoothly. Speedometer had a sensor go bad, so I just had that fixed and I had them replace the fuel filter. Full inspection performed. That cost $775. I bought this from the original owner for $5.5K at ~200k miles and put ~30k miles on it over the last 4 years. I put in at least $3.5k in service over that period. Had our twins in 2018, and we got a minivan which made this wagon fall out of use. FYI I'm the second owner of significance.