So which torque is it in the MKV 06?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interface

TDI
09' Salsa Red, Sportwagen, 6M
Just curious after hearing from several others about the published value of 177 Lb Ft versus the vw manual quote 184 Lb Ft for the torque of the PD in the 2006 Jetta TDi. Which is it? Why would it be higher then the 2005.5 or is it?

Thanks for any information and sorry if I missed the answer to this elsewhere my search terms just seemed too give way too many threads to view.

Cheers. :)

PDJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta GLS TDI Pumpe Duce Platinum Grey w/ Leather
One possibility is that the torque is identical to the '04/05 models, but its measured in a different way by VW. Is the engine code the same? BEW is what I have in my '04.

--Nate

sudburytdiguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta, Platinum Grey
I was reading in a mag article that SAE has come up with a new standard by which they do their dyno runs. They say it's more strick which should give more accurate numbers. More able to compare the power in a honda to a chevy.
Maybe using the new standard VW was able to gain some power.

shaolin

Veteran Member
TDI
Soon to Come - 2006 Platinum Grey Jetta, DSG & Package 0
lildevildee said:
Was told the older manuals were printed wrong. VW's not going to spend the money to reprint all the manuals.
But all the online materials at VW stated that it is 177lb.

Interface

TDI
09' Salsa Red, Sportwagen, 6M
lildevildee said:
Was told the older manuals were printed wrong. VW's not going to spend the money to reprint all the manuals.

Interesting, I realise the question was a bit esoteric and has little practical implications but thanks everyone for your responses. :eek:

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Poking around underhood and underneath suggests that the A5 has a less restrictive intake system, and I suspect that it has a less restrictive exhaust system, too. There is no purpose to installing any aftermarket air intake system on an A5, because it already is a cold-air intake, and the path to the airbox intake is a simple and short large-diameter elbow rather than the torturous twists and turns of the A4 snorkel. Also, the A5 doesn't have the (minor) parasitic loss of the A4's hydraulic power steering pump. It appears that the engine code is different. I forgot what mine says, but it's not BEW (which was the engine code for A4 TDI PD-100 North America).

jodyrex

TDI
none :(
PDJetta said:
One possibility is that the torque is identical to the '04/05 models, but its measured in a different way by VW.
--Nate
This may not be relevant but the '05 and '06 tacomas have identical engines except 05's have 245 hp and 06's have 236 hp. A system of measurement, as you suggested, must have changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.