So...What to do with $500 dealership credit?

JP-8

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Golf TDI 6M
What is everyone spending their $500 on? And does anyone know of the dealers around the country with the cheapest prices?

I'm thinking a roof rack ($250), some oil, and maybe those window visor things ($100)?

Has anyone figured out how to convert it to cash?

Loralynn

TDI
2012 Jetta
Getting headlight sensor installed with the VW Package

What is everyone spending their $500 on? And does anyone know of the dealers around the country with the cheapest prices?

I'm thinking a roof rack ($250), some oil, and maybe those window visor things ($100)?

Has anyone figured out how to convert it to cash?
Hi! I bought my Jetty in the daytime and didn't realize my headlights weren't auto! I was so mad I went back to the dealer and they wouldn't help me out so I am going to have the sensor installed.

Last edited:

TDI smile

Veteran Member
Edmonton, Alberta (b4 BC - LOWER MAINLAND = Chilli
TDI
2002 TDI (ALH) with 513,000 km. First Owner and very happy... No Problems, never left us stranded on the Highway. Average useage is about between under 4 ltr. and 5 ltr. Normal longdistance travel: 4.1/100
^^^Don't see the Dealer for Maintenance or so. Just buy a car from him and that is it!

backfast61

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI automatic,2006 VW Jetta TDI 5 speed
What I have found best is to go online and type in the exact part number you need for your vw. Then all of the dealers who have that part with a listed price will show up in the search engine window. I have found that most out of state dealers on the Internet have much cheaper prices than my local dealers here in VA.

PoochiePD

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Tempest Blue Jetta
My brother in law needs new tires. I buy the tires for him using the dealer card, and he pays me back in cash. ;)

gmcjetpilot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG Matalic Grey
You don't need that card, once activated please send it to me... PM for my
address... Glad to alleviate you of the burden of spending that money.

There is no need to spend it soon or all at once. I would spend as you need
and check dealer for promotions, coupons and discounts they might have
on services and parts...

White Passat

Veteran Member
TDI
CPO 2013 Passat TDI SEL June 2012 build date Purchased 09/14/14
$9.50 on a bottle of DEF with the filler spout to top off my DEF. Will empty the bottle, cust the bottom off and use it as a funnel.

dropnosky

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta 6 speed, 2012 Passat DSG
For me the 500 dealer credit is going to 60% of snow tires and rims on a 12 passat, and the rest to a timing belt on my ALH at an indy

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
I got my 40k done this weekend. Also got a sweet VW coffee mug, lol. I've got enough left for my 50k service and maybe a few bucks towards the 60k.

If I didn't just put new tires on and/or I didn't use the dealer for service...I'd say a new set of tires would be a good way to go.

Check around for service coupons. I got $100 off my 40k service.:D

skinnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI
I bought a new shift knob and surround for my R32 and then bought 5 liters of DSG fluid and all the filters for my TDI. Also picked up another roadside assistance kit as the one I got in my Passat is pretty sweet...

Chris Thomas

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI sold to VW bought a 2016 Chevrolet Colorado diesel to replace it.(wanted AWD and work at a GM dealership)
Tires for the garden tractor. (It uses aggressive truck tires)

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
bubbagumpshrimp;4965221[B said:
]I got my 40k done this weekend.
[/B]
Check around for service coupons. I got $100 off my 40k service.:D
Good info Bubba

I'm 8k from the 40k: Upon checking, all VW dealerships were just a few $$$ short of $500. Coupon alert big time appreciated.

ez

Cincy_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat SE TDI
VW sent me a second packet and set of cards in the mail.. Only wish I could get that activated.. Only own 1 VW affected by the issues..

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
9L DSG oil, 2 DSG filters, cabin & engine air filters, oil filters, wiper blades, 2 gallons G13 blew threw that $500 real quick :D

elcid86

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
So do we know if someone will be able to use the dealer cards if someone else's name is on it? I assume they would not balk at it, but it could present an issue if the check-out person was a real stickler. (I ask b/c I want to give mine to a friend who needs some work done on his car.)

andydg

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have SW & Passat
Just spent a bit over 1/2 of one dealer card for 80k service for the Sportwagon. Purchased all items online from 1stVWParts. Found their prices to be competitive, considering it is a dealer purchase. Other parts places may have it cheaper, but then the card would not work.

andydg

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have SW & Passat
So do we know if someone will be able to use the dealer cards if someone else's name is on it? I assume they would not balk at it, but it could present an issue if the check-out person was a real stickler. (I ask b/c I want to give mine to a friend who needs some work done on his car.)
When I used mine, they asked for a copy of my ID and copy of the card (front and back) My purchase was online, but they said that they need this for verification. When you opt to give it to your friend they may need to submit your ID for the transaction (to match the name on the card), unless you are present, then I see not reason why they wouldn't accept it.

Last edited:

elcid86

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
When I used mine, they asked for a copy of my ID and copy of the card (front and back) My purchase was online, but they said that they need this for verification. When you opt to give it to your friend they may need to submit your ID for the transaction (to match the name on the card), unless you are present, then I see not reason why they wouldn't accept it.
Thanks for that. I told him I may need to make a trip with him to pay, but that would be a bit inconvenient for both of us. I'll ask today when I go to get my cards activated in Springfield, VA.

A3Lady

TDI
Audi A3
I generally just read but yesterday I visited the dealership and this was funny enough to get me to post. BTW, thanks for all of the great info here! You guys are always the first place I look for info on tdi stuff or news on VW/Audi.
I visited the Audi Dealership in Marin yesterday to activate my Audi Goodwill Package. I used my dealer credit to get all weather floor and trunk mats, a spare key, and a bunch of other small things.
Super nice people and great service although it looks like Audi is still trying to figure out what TRUTH means. I saw that Audi had relabled this pashmina as Audi brand, no big deal, this kind of marketing is expected and the label says 70% pashmina/30% silk. What I didn't expect was to get home to open up the wrap and find a 50% viscose/50% acrylic tag inside.
Pretty hilarious that I used my "sorry for lying to you" credit to buy something that was a total lie. At least it wasn't my actual money!

http://imgur.com/bJFA1YO I can't figure out this image thing!

Last edited:

cane929

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI DSG S

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
What are some online discount VW dealers I can use?
I do NOT want to give my local dealer any $$

http://www.vwpartscenter.net/

these guys took mine, ok (they said they could not split the bill, so need to keep it under what ever amount is left on the card)

net only, so add a note that the payment is using a dealer card (they might not need this, but it is what I did)

if not covered before, the CC# is printed on the back of my dealer card, followed by the three digit security code.

Last edited:

elcid86

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
Thanks for that. I told him I may need to make a trip with him to pay, but that would be a bit inconvenient for both of us. I'll ask today when I go to get my cards activated in Springfield, VA.
I got my cards activated (they did check my ID, registration and the VIN on the car to activate it). The CSR said that they would not check ID when the dealer card was used at checkout so it should be fine to give it to my friend. I did use it at the parts department to get a case of oil and an oil and fuel filter--no ID check. The balance will go to my friend.

Cat3roadracer

TDI
Jetta SportWagen
The cards are activated by way of the VIN. Only one set can be activated by way of each VIN. Don't ask me how I know...

rwolff

Veteran Member
TDI
None yet
Are you the guy whose VIN was used by the previous owner to activate the cards? If so, do you have a status update on getting your cards activated despite the previous owner's fraud?

Last edited:

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 6 Speed manual
New tires but not till next month unless I receive a tire discount card from VW in the mail.
Check out the tire price matching guarantee! I got my michelin defenders for 500 with an online quote from a shop. Took a while though and they did it right there on the spot. The service guy was pretty clueless and had never performed the price match ever. Just make sure you follow the guidelines to the T. I I think they were trying to wear me down but I had 5 other quotes in increasing order in case one was not being honoured. so I think I wore them down and won in the end.

I went there after work late in the day everyone blowed out... VW wanted like 169 per tire + balance and whatever was close to 900 if did it via the regular price. :cool:

DEAD-BROKE

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 passat TDI 2.0-liter four-cylinder turbo-diesel
triple win for me i traded my dealer card to the service writer for 3 thousand rounds of reloads. if you're a shooter you can't find a better deal.